SERE during SFQC

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: SERE during SFQC

Post by The Holmchicken »

CamoWamo wrote:Well the SERE Instructors broke one of his bones. No he didn't fall off a training obstacle. I guess SERE isn't exactly the same as back then. Army Basic isn't the same as it was just like even 2 months ago. I'm not implying anything . Just laughing.

Just to give you a "heads up", the only outcome with the way you're going is you being banned. Tighten up your shot group, read more, post less.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

CamoWamo wrote:I heard SERE was Severe. Do they still beat you up in the course? I had a former co-worker who told me that they're authorized to break a bone in your body. He's a Veteran by-the-way , SF, 82nd. They broke one of his ribs in SERE in the 80's.
Since you are all over it already, why don't you take the CLEP challenge and get credit for this training as well?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Rangers, I have some new info on this subject. Like I posted my son went thru SERE before SFGC and did not have to complete SERE during SFQC. UPDATE/ After SFQC and before graduation my son was told he would not graduate at that moment and had to complete the SFQC SERE course, Evidently the Instructor that passed my son did not have the right to do so. MY son talked to the Command SGT/Major. He approved the Ft Rucker C level course and my son graduated with the rest of the class. Have notheard for sure but good possibility that an outside SERE course might not be approved for SFQC soldiers in the future. If any soldier on this board runs into the same situtatio make sure you talk to someone that has the authority to decide your case. But update on son, Graduated SFQC sent to 10th SFG Colorado Springs, assigned to "A" team. thanks for everything Lynn
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good deal, Thanks for the update.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

typically speaking the qcourse command doesn't like to honor outside courses. i know the soldier that this was about. the ft rucker course while its a level c course is still different than the course here. how, i'm not going to discuss. the command here basically states that the pipeline here exists for a reason therefore if you want to be sf, you'll go through the whole pipeline. we've had cct's, seals, pj's and recon guys that even though they had sere c previously, didnt come here and had to do it again anyways. every now and then there is an exception, like what happened with said soldier.
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO

Return to “Special Operations Training”