SF Lifestyle

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

The Holmchicken wrote:I'll bet your the support guy with the long hair, sideburns with his hands in his pockets all the time. You know why Group gets gay? Because the support guys think they're entitled to act like team guys, which pisses off all the Sergeant Majors', who impose all the Regular Army shit on us because they're also getting tired of the post CSM calling them saying "you SF guys are dirt bags" when it's the support guys acting like dirt bags.
Dude this is right on the money right here. As a support guy (Non-SF type) I remember on deployments I would see guys with the long hair, ball caps, oakley on the head and hands in the pocket walking around like they are too cool for school. You can tell an Operator from a Non- Operator but some of the Big Army guys can't. Anyways, the way they would carry themselves in public brought alot of attention to the SOF community in their AOR. Now we don't have the freedoms we use to because of guys like this going into the Big Army area trying to show off. That's why when I deploy, I do my best to stay on the compound and never leave because I dont want to put up with the stupidy outside of our hescos. It is so easy for those of us in the SOF community to paint a picture for Big Army guys. We can either show them that we are professional by doing what is right or we can show our asses and walk around in their AO with our hands in our pockets, pant legs unbloused or no weapon because we can get away with this stuff in our area. Guys need to learn that once you walk outside the walls of your compound you now fall under the rules of the guys in charge of that FOB/Camp. I know its a pain in the ass sometimes to do the right thing but think about it, you can either make your organization look like professionals or ass clowns. I take alot of pride in serving in the Ranger Regiment and I will do whatever it takes to make us look like we are the best at what we do. If your a support guy and you get to be in RGS that is great and good for you. Don't abuse it. Your in RGS for a reason. When it's time to transition to AR 670-1 do it. Take pictures of youself with long hair and a beard if you need to remember what you look like. Being in RGS in the SOF community doesn't mean shit but in the eyes of the conventional it does. You should feel fortunate that you are in a command that allows you to do this stuff.
Here's a word of advice for you Kaltherz. When you address a user that had Ranger under his name, you need to put Ranger in front of his name. This is a requirment for this site. I'm actually surprised that no one else has told you this. Where's uncle Stead at? He would of tore you a new one.
I will now retire back to my supply room to inventory how many boxes of grid squares and PRC-E8s I have on hand.
Good Day gentlemen
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Kaltherz

Post by Kaltherz »

It's actually stipulated that active duty soldiers are not applicable.

And once again, I know who you're talking about, I see it as well. I'm not that guy, I don't know if you're labeling me as that guy or not, but you can not judge someone so much on so little-a-basis.

I don't wear ball caps, I always carry my weapon, I'm always IAW 670-1, etc. so stop making these giant leaps as if you know me.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Kaltherz wrote:It's actually stipulated that active duty soldiers are not applicable.

And once again, I know who you're talking about, I see it as well. I'm not that guy, I don't know if you're labeling me as that guy or not, but you can not judge someone so much on so little-a-basis.

I don't wear ball caps, I always carry my weapon, I'm always IAW 670-1, etc. so stop making these giant leaps as if you know me.

you know what clown ..... you are not walking in a SF website ....however many on have been ...or are SF ...
and you are acting as if we OWE you something.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Kaltherz, why do you post here? Why are you not posting on the SF board? You can read and learn on this board but as far as any Ranger info to add, you have none. just curious. But I don't think you have earned the rite to comment on very much at all in the Army especially on what goes on in SF. Don't get dilusional (sp) and think you are anything remotely similiar to a SF guy eith just because you are ASSIGNED to a SF unit. just my opinion
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Kaltherz:

I have to be nice...and it's not in my nature....but I do have to say just one thing:

I feel you are suffering from a developmental delay issue that psychologists refer to as "concrete thinking". Concepts such as "hyperbole", and "facetious humor" come later, usually accompanying such other milestones as bladder control and accepting temporary parental separation.

Try this one...you'll be a hero :roll:

www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Oto-Man wrote:Kaltherz:

I have to be nice...and it's not in my nature....but I do have to say just one thing:

I feel you are suffering from a developmental delay issue that psychologists refer to as "concrete thinking". Concepts such as "hyperbole", and "facetious humor" come later, usually accompanying such other milestones as bladder control and accepting temporary parental separation.

Try this one...you'll be a hero :roll:

www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?
Filed under: Snap, Oh.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

PocketKings wrote:While you're at it, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

X2!

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Banned for failure to follow instructions.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

SF vs Rangers

Post by rgrokelley »

Nomad wrote:Banned for failure to follow instructions.
Well, dang. Y'all are too quick here. I had to wait to get home to say something, and boom, you knock that guys socks off.
Oh well.
As to life in SF vs life in the Rangers. I can only give you a pre-9/11 version of those lives. Each administration will alter the way we do stuff. Pre-Desert Storm the Rangers were active against banana republic countries, such as Grenada, Honduras, and Panama. The training was focused on either patrolling through jungle-like terrain, or focusing on airfield seizure. Life in the Rangers was pretty busy, with little down time. Missions were short though... a week here, a week there. In, hit them, then out. Due to being on alert you didn't have any long distance romances.
Post -Desert Storm was another world entirely. Now the focus was on eliminating any threat to the world's oil supplies. Training now focused on desert and mountainous warfare, but mainly flat "pool table" deserts. Rangers weren't really invited to Desert Storm, but then again, neither was SF. The SF made up their own missions as they went with the flow.
Being in SF was one long FID mission. Lots of time with the LBGs (Little Brown Guys), and becoming one of them. Deployments were for a couple of months at a time.
During the Clinton administration the focus was still on that flat desert, but now there were a lot of OOTW mission. For me it was training the next evil dictatorship in Africa. I spent more time in Mali than I did in Fayetteville. Didn't really care for it, and the mission seemed pointless.
The constant FID missions paid off though, in Afghanistan, when less than a 1,000 US boots took a country. I'm not sure SF could do that now. The mission has changed again, and from what guys in Group tell me, SF is now more like mini-Ranger teams, than an SF Team. Due to young, and inexperienced enlisted joining the ranks, it has now become a big mission of DA door kicking. The FID is moving more towards SEALs (or so they tell me). Missions now, from what I understand, is for long term. Up to a year.
If you are going to get married, you may want to pick another job. If your wife is a good one (and there are a few out there... I've only been married once), then she'll understand and find a hobby for the deployments.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

Oto-Man wrote:
Timmy wrote:
What's gay about the Q course?
Lots of things. It would take to long to explain.

You know why I know you're gay?

You put your BCT and AIT battalions in your sig line.
OH SNAP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Echo 2/19 Drill SarGENT!!!!!
hey what's wrong with E 2/19? i went there back in 02....oh shit...incoming!
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO
chuck3/75
Ranger

Post by chuck3/75 »

GOOD GOD WHAT A GREAT THREAD I MISSED!!!!!! Some of these threads just have a wonderful tendency of greatness..

A simple hey guys... What is the food like over at Burger king?? Two Days later the conversation is, NO FUCK YOU!! JUST BECAUSE YOU WORK AT DENNYS NEXT TO BURGER KING DOESNT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO WEAR OUR FUCKING VISORS AND SMOKE CIG'S IN OUR EMPLOYEE REST AREA MOTHERUCKER!!

Man I wish I was lurking more in the February time frame!!
goon175
Ranger

Re: SF Lifestyle

Post by goon175 »

NO FUCK YOU!! JUST BECAUSE YOU WORK AT DENNYS NEXT TO BURGER KING DOESNT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO WEAR OUR FUCKING VISORS AND SMOKE CIG'S IN OUR EMPLOYEE REST AREA MOTHERUCKER!!
haha, reading through some old threads and found this one interesting, got to the post above and couldnt stop laughing for about 5 minutes....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Special Operations Training”