need help

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Huffmanster
Egg

need help

Post by Huffmanster »

Good Day,

My dad went to ranger school in 1963, I am trying to find out which class he was in and hopefully find a class picture of him. Hes getting old and has poor health, but is really salty and wont talk about his experience in Vietnam. I am a retired Army vet but was not ranger. I was only Airborne. I do know during my secret security clearance interview I was briefly informed that he was a war hero. but that was in 1988 and do not remember much about. If anyone can help me find out more information my family would be forever grateful.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: need help

Post by KW Driver »

FOIA his records, VA/DoD/Army should have a good POC to start.

go to the Ft Benning webpage, ARTB (Airborne Ranger Training Brigade) tab, Ranger School, class pictures. you're not likely to be able to ID his class # through the page, but they have most every available class photo hung and accessible. he's not likely to look anything like other contemporary pics of him, because I sure didn't. we lost a lot of weight.

good luck.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “The News Dump”