Ares Armor challenges ATF

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Ares Armor challenges ATF

Post by cams »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... e7EMqD4Hpg

Scroll down to channel 5 news video dated 29 MAY 2014

After being raided by ATF back in March and having most of their stock confiscated, Ares Armor is once again selling the 80% polymer lowers that caused the raid, challenging the ATF to come do something about it.

This will be interesting to follow, a line has been drawn in the sand by the owner, a former US Marine, who simply wants to run his business without governmental interference. From all appearances, he has done nothing wrong nor sold anything illegal, they have just been bullied by the Feds, pushed into a corner and had their stock (which by Fed standards itself says is completely legal) seized in the raids and not returned.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Ares Armor challenges ATF

Post by centermass »

The whole thing stunk, from how they (ATF) went about it to demanding lists of all their buyers.

Hopefully, they'll get their pound of flesh in the courts, but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

It's about time. It was a bullshit end around that should have been addressed in the courts first, like anything else.

The next culprit that needs to be addressed is the far reaching, self initiated policy by the DOJ, known as Operation Choke point, which has put undue pressure on the financial institutions of this country requiring them to sever their banking services with targeted gun shops across the country.

One I know of, personally affected, does a majority of its sale to law enforcement, has been in business over 40 years, has never violated a single law or failed an audit. Bank Of America cut them off a year ago.

This is more of Holders DOJ bullshit to sidestep the 2nd Amendment as well.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Im not surprised the Gov dismissed the charges against ATF, I'd expect nothing less from those crooks. That Dbag Holder's hands are just as filthy in this as they are in race baiting the mobs against police. He is a class A fucking clown.

After Ares won the case and ATF was ordered to return the products (80% lowers) that they seized, I saw another article stating that all had been returned but 19. So somewhere, someone in the ATF has 19 new lowers. ATF states that it must have "Mis-counted" when they seized them originally.

Ares Armor and especially the owner Demitry has taken them head on and won. I have nothing but praise for him and his efforts. I'd buy from them on that alone.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The News Dump”