Fisherman Reels in Live Missile, Keeps on Boat for 10 Days

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Fisherman Reels in Live Missile, Keeps on Boat for 10 Days

Post by BruteForce »

MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. — Florida authorities say a commercial fisherman reeled in a live missile in the Gulf of Mexico and kept it on his boat for 10 days.

Police say the boat's captain, Rodney Soloman, hooked the air-to-air guided missile 50 miles off the coast of Panama City. The Air Force and Navy use the area for weapons training.
Soloman had the missile aboard his boat for 10 days before returning Monday to port in Madeira Beach, near St. Petersburg.
A bomb squad was called in from MacDill Air Force Base and dismantled the missile in an empty parking lot.
The bomb squad said the missile was very corroded from floating in saltwater for a long time. They said it was live and in a very unstable state.

Full Story

----
Dumbass.

Him: Hey, I caught a missile. Cool, can't wait to take it home and check it out. I sure hope it stays fresh until then. Guess I'll just keep fishing. :roll:
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce

Return to “The News Dump”