Congress to make 29 March VN Veterans day

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Congress to make 29 March VN Veterans day

Post by Jim »

Bill to make March 29 National Vietnam War Veterans Day clears Congress, awaits Trump's signature

http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/bi ... Nvgi2d1omi
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Congress to make 29 March VN Veterans day

Post by cams »

While I see this as a nice gesture, I would so much rather see the .gov finally start to actually care for their Vietnam Veterans.

In what fucking world should a homeless Vietnam Vet sleep in a cardboard box all year even in in climate weather, while illegal aliens show up here with forged paperwork and get section 8 housing, food stamps and free healthcare? Fucking shameful. Maybe if we didn't pay out all that money to these scabs we could actually house every single homeless veteran we have. Maybe. Will never happen tho.

Sorry Jim don't mean to be a downer on a nice gesture, those are just my visceral reactions to it. "We're going to completely ignore you and let you die cold and hungry, but we will name a day after you so it's all good right?"

You guys know all us juniors love us some Vietnam Veterans, pure bad-assery every day.

I'm still pissed at how you all were/are treated. That's a stain on American history that will never be buffed out.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”