Now Another Idiot Says The CIA Should Apologize

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Now Another Idiot Says The CIA Should Apologize

Post by rangertough »

Baseplate wrote:I have a lot of feelings on this issue but does torture even work? I have tried to read up and most articles say the person being tortured will admit to anything just to get it to stop. SO what is the point? Also The US cannot continue to try and act like the moral police of the world if we are going to continue to commit war crimes ourselves. If you are going to be a human right violator then who in the hell are we to act incensed when we are also violating human rights. I don't give a shit about a terrorist but I do care about how this scars our nation.
I wonder where McCain stands on this issue and the report?

Define torture. Is it the point where you've stressed the subject where he'll admit to anything? We have a very far way to go before we equal what our opponents have been doing to us. I think the moral comparison you present is a very long stretch.

I also question the Dems motives for doing the report in the first place.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

McCain added (emphatically) that "the use of torture compromises that which most distinguishes us from our enemies, our belief that all people, even captured enemies, possess basic human rights."
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

[quote="Silverback"]McCain added (emphatically) that "the use of torture compromises that which most distinguishes us from our enemies, our belief that all people, even captured enemies, possess basic human rights."[/quote]

And with this I agree. I would prefer to just kill as many of these assholes as possible. I mean pre-Marshall Plan style, you kill our people....we break your shit and it's your problem repairing it.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

What Would Superman Do?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”