Sitrep- Ange

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ange
Embryo

Sitrep- Ange

Post by Ange »

I am sitting at the MEPs hotel right now. Not feeling that bummed out anymore, just anxious. This has been said a million times by people in my position but I'll say it again take advantage of your time in the DEP. It will fly by and before you know it you'll be waking up on your ship date. Also take advantage of time with your friends and family! It will help you so much mentally when you get here. Try to surround yourself with motivated people before you ship. They will keep you accountable and grinding. Thank you Rangers for all the guidance, I'll update this thread once I get the chance.
13F
KesslerB
Embryo

Re: Sitrep- Ange

Post by KesslerB »

The world is yours Ange, stay laser focused on the goal at all times. Many people in my OSUT thought I was crazy because the things that I do/did while I was there made me look almost psychotic to the peers around me and it’s still that way. I didn’t make it my first go around due to failing my RFT retake. I see you are going 13F. They have a solid Ranger PT Program that they do there which set up a lot of the 13F’s I was in RASP with success. Stay focused and grind and you will be just fine. As long as you don’t quit and keep your body healthy. Lack of stretching and recovery on the weekends in RASP may be the deciding factor of you getting through without injury and/or in one piece
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20210712
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, by the time you read this you’ll be finished with the BCT part of OSUT. Keep your motivation high and don’t keep your eyes off of the end goal, just one 50 meter target at a time. From this point, you’ve seen the different types of people we mentioned you’d run into. Hopefully you’re sticking with the eagles and not the weirdos. Remember that personalities are toxic, for good or bad.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, graduated BCT this Thursday and arrived at Ft. Sill on Saturday morning at around 5 AM. Basic is just as I expected, generally pretty low motivation and a ton of shit bags. Luckily, found a couple motivated 68W dudes trying to get to SOCM to grind with. Definitely utilize time in reception to study your Blue Book and workout in the bay. You should have access to kettle bells, rollers, and bands. I wouldn't recommend running in the bay/stairwell. I tried it and it did not go well. That being said we only had 6 running days all of BCT. Running in Alpha group is still painfully slowly paced, around 9-10 minute miles for a 2 miler. Just stay motivated and drive on and you'll be a top performer.
13F
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, AIT is going well. The atmosphere here is way better than BCT. A lot of people here have Special Operations as a goal, specifically Ranger Regiment so we spend a lot of free time quizzing each other out of our handbooks or Quizlet. Quizlet is great, plenty of flashcards for RASP. Got my ACFT card returned to me so my scores are as follows:
DL: 240
Power Throw: 8.3
HRPU: 44
SDC: 1:40
Plank: 4:00
2-Mile: 13:40
Overall: 528
Overall lacking in most events. I'm really working on my pushups and 2 mile time and will hopefully reflect it on my next test in the coming weeks. I know the ACFT isn't used for RASP but I still would like to be a top performer here.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, good SITREP! The ACFT is one of those tests that mainly focuses on endurance, something that will carry you a LONG way in RASP. Keep in mind what you're training for though, if you have freetime I suggest giving yourself or having your buddies grade you on a mock RFT. Hang around those dudes who have the same goal as you, make each other better. Keep us posted on your progress, and keep doing good things.

RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Ranger BlueLiner, sorry for the delay. It’s been a hectic week with an FTX and a couple rounds of testing but I got my RPFT squeezed in today.Here are my scores:
Push-ups: 79
Sit-ups: 86
Pull-ups: 13
5 Mile: 37:32

Pull-ups took a dip but my 5 mile is looking way better. Pull-ups and running couldn’t really be worked on in basic, hopefully since we are allowed to utilize the PT field after the duty day now I can see more improvements. As you said, I have surrounded myself with guys who are all highly motivated. All of them are dead set on RASP so we gather up to run through the creed and pt every evening. My AIT is already 3/4 the way done, can’t wait to get to FT Benning.

If any of the newer guys or lurkers have any questions regarding 13F AIT PM me I’m down to talk about what I can.
13F
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Good SITREP Angelo,

Glad to see your scores improving as well. Best of luck when you graduate. Stay motivated and keep working on those scores, you'll thank yourself in the future.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, solid SITREP.

That's a good new baseline to have for your RPFT, and it's even better because you still have a quarter of AIT to knock out so you have plenty of time. Keep each other motivated, and keep doing the extra little things because it will 100% pay dividends once you get to Pre-RASP/RASP as Ranger Carpenter said. Stick with your motivated dudes, and let the weak fall by the wayside. Looking forward to your next SITREP!

RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, happy to report that I’ve completed all academic requirements for AIT and only have a 12 mile ruck with a 4 hr deadline standing between me and graduation. I should be leaving here mid-late November to start the BAC. I’m still undecided on which path I want to take going forward. However, I still plan on attending RASP, whether it’s in January or in the coming years.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, congratulations on completing AIT. So elaborate on your plans for the future, did you end up securing a slot to RASP? Keep us posted!

RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Ranger BlueLiner, I’m in holdover until further notice (Cadre think till possibly January). Due to how in demand 13F’s are right now due to abysmal class sizes, RASP slots are pretty easy to obtain. I still haven’t decided as to where I want to go. The 173rd slot is VERY tempting but I joined to be a Ranger. I’ve been researching as much as I can and talking to the cadre here, a couple of which served in the 75th or 173rd. I’ll keep you posted as to what I’m doing next.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, I was a holdover for a month in AIT before I went RASP. Anything worth doing is worth waiting for as a wise Ranger once told me. I HIGHLY recommend that you use this down time to train more and get your body ready for RASP if it is what YOU want to do. If the opportunity presents itself, then take it! I promise you it is a decision that you will not look back on in remorse if you decide to send it to RASP.

Keep us posted, and as always, good luck and DO NOT FUCKING QUIT.
RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Letters from School”