SITREP - Coppy

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Coppy
Embryo

SITREP - Coppy

Post by Coppy »

Rangers,

It’s been a while since I last posted on my intro, but I wanted to update and maybe get some advice from any mentors still lurking on the site.

I’m currently in week 15 of OSUT. Overall the experience has been about how I expected. I fractured my tibia at the beginning of Basic Training, so that set me back for a little bit. Currently we have taken 2 ACFTs and 2 APFTs for the guys with contracts.

ACFT: 550

APFT: 263

Pu: 51
Su: 74
2 mile run: 13:03

I’m still working hard to improve my form and just get better overall at my push-ups as that is what is really holding me back right now. We have 2 more tests left before graduation and I’m hoping to be somewhere around 280/290 before graduating. I know even then I will still have a long way to go for pre-RASP standards.
Carpenter
Ranger

Re: SITREP - Coppy

Post by Carpenter »

Glad to hear an update from you.

Both your run and sit-ups are decent, but like you said your push-ups are holding you back. When I went through OSUT my buddies and I would pull out the mats we had in our bay (if not use a towel for sit-ups) and run 50 push-ups straight in to 50 sit-ups for typically 4 sometimes 5 rounds. With 2 minutes of break in-between each round. Holding a plank in the front leaning rest is a great way to work your shoulder endurance. Start making challenges for yourself. One my buddies and I did was 200 push-ups with the only rest position being your back arched. Feet or hands leave the ground or knees touch the ground then you failed. The most we did for that challenge was 250. But it'll teach you to get comfortable in the rest position, and eventually you'll realize that you can go on almost indefinitely.

Do your best not to re-injure your leg. Just keep working consistently and your numbers will improve. If you haven't already be sure to do some prison workouts.

Another important part of working out is making sure that you are doing some kind of injury prevention for your body. Stretching and rolling out are over looked and are very important to keeping your body uninjured and in shape. Be sure to add them in at the end of your routine if you haven't already.

Keep putting in the work and you'll get there. If you haven't already start memorizing the Ranger Creed and choose an Airborne Ranger in the Sky. You'll get asked why you chose your Airborne Ranger in the Sky so have a why (for example he was from the same state). And never forget to do one for the Airborne Ranger in the Sky.

The earlier and more prepared you are, the easier you'll make things for yourself. In the meantime, keep working hard and good luck. Expect the first day of Pre-RASP to be a fun one. Good luck and continue driving on.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Coppy
Embryo

Post by Coppy »

Ranger Carpenter,

I will continue working hard to improve my scores. I’m not sure how many more APFTs we will be doing, but I’m hoping I can get up to the 280s in these next 6 weeks before I hit pre rasp. I have started learn the Ranger Creed, I currently have the last 2 letters to get down. I try to repeat it during hard sets of PT to drill it into my head more and to prepare to have to say it while stressed out in pre rasp. I’ll update the next time we get our phones, currently we will be out in the field for the next 3 weeks so my workout routine is a bit messed up but push-ups and sit ups will do.
Coppy
Embryo

Post by Coppy »

Rangers,

I have graduated infantry OSUT and will be heading to pre-rasp on Tuesday. I am excited to start the course and am more than ready to get back to training!
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Congratulations,

This is where the fun begins. Don't forget to continue doing something to mitigate injury. Pre-RASP is the next step to getting to Regiment. Just keep your head straight, work hard, and study your knowledge. It's easy to lose your focus on the goal in Pre-RASP but the juice is worth the squeeze. I'm sure you'll make us all proud. Always remember, Never, Never, Quit!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Letters from School”