SITREP- Brayden

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
KesslerB
Embryo

Re: SITREP- Brayden

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, I am currently on holiday block leave and have been getting some good ol pt in. I remind myself that this is not a time to get comfortable nor get cozy, lazy or complacent. I know that being home is only temporary. I am going to take advantage of the cold back home and the high altitude to make training even more of a smoker.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20210712
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, It has been a few days since HBL ended and I am currently back at my old training company awaiting to go to Pre-Rasp. Tomorrow is the big day where we transition over to the Pre-Rasp compound. I’m nervous but I know that everything I have done had prepared me for what’s to come. During holdover time I have gotten some good pt in and awaiting to officially go. I am grateful for this website and how it’s going to set me up for success. I will make updates here and there and give updates when I can.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thanks for updating us. At this point you've already had your day 1 at Pre-RASP. Like I mentioned to Templar, be sure to use the Thunderdome. At this point your goals should focus on injury mitigation and improving your APFT and RFT scores. Always be focusing on the next big event. There is no telling how long you'll be at Pre-RASP, could be as little as a week, could be awhile, but always be improving. Don't get comfortable, and be sure not to do anything you'll regret. Weigh every decision you make there with your future. As always, please keep us updated and good luck. Most of all, Never, Never Quit!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Ranger Carpenter, it has been a while since I have posted. Here is an update on my journey so far. I arrived at pre rasp in early January and classed up within 3 days of getting here. I failed the rft week one, and both retests week 3 and eventually week 6, each one was due to my push ups. I got recycled today and found out that the next class up is in 5 weeks. I am more motivated and hungry to get back in the fight and eventually don the tan beret. To all guys coming to rasp in the near future. Make sure to get your scores to the highest number you can possible. It will save you lots of time. Also stay motivated once you get here, lots of guys lose sight of the goal.
11X OPT 40
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

KesslerB wrote: February 17th, 2022, 7:43 pm Ranger Carpenter, it has been a while since I have posted. Here is an update on my journey so far. I arrived at pre rasp in early January and classed up within 3 days of getting here. I failed the rft week one, and both retests week 3 and eventually week 6, each one was due to my push ups. I got recycled today and found out that the next class up is in 5 weeks. I am more motivated and hungry to get back in the fight and eventually don the tan beret. To all guys coming to rasp in the near future. Make sure to get your scores to the highest number you can possible. It will save you lots of time. Also stay motivated once you get here, lots of guys lose sight of the goal.
How fast do they let you do the push ups? Can you go as fast as possible as long as you are touching chest near ground and locking up at top while keeping perfect form?
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

The pushups are gonna count as long as they are performed to STANDARD. This can be done fast, but keep in mind they are going to be looking for you to lockout, and that your chest is connecting with the ground when you go down.

Keep us updated on your progress, RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, I regret to inform you that I was dropped from pre rasp after I got recycled. My journey to become a Ranger is far from over. It was my mess up and I’m prepare to take the heat from any Ranger on this site. One day at pre rasp the cadre came up to me and asked me if I shaved my face. I shaved that day but it obviously wasn’t a good enough job. He then asked me if I shaved my whole face that day and I said yes. He then asked me if I was lying to him and at that moment I got anxious and nervous and froze up and slurred my words. I then said yes. That was enough to get me dropped from the course. Even if it was just a little bit of peach fuzz I missed that is still not being 100% with the cadre which costed me big time. They then took me in the office and told me I was dropped from the course. From there I just couldn’t hold it in and bursted into tears. The cadre said I am free to come back which will have to be in a couple years I imagine and to come back more mature, more squared away, and more physically fit. The journey isn’t over and this will not be the concluding paragraph on this site saying I failed and that I’m going to move on. The journey is just going to take longer than expected that’s all. For all the guys heading to pre rasp soon. Don’t quit and LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE(S). COME TO RASP MAXING YOUR PT SCORES. if you aren’t close to getting 58 good push ups or 69 good sit ups your body will not have time to recover in rasp due to the daily beating your body takes. Going through RASP was one of the best times of my life ironically. It tested my being any my why and my why wasn’t going to quit on me. Being at those low points and going a little further and pushing past it is one of the best feelings in life. I am headed to Fort Stewart about an hour away from Savannah. My next plan is to fulfill my time here; get as many schools as I can, get my tab, and hopefully get a RASP slot before reenlistment but if I have to reenlist for RASP then so be it.
11X OPT 40
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Kessler, best of luck to you at Stewart! Keep us updated on the site and stay in touch. Let us know when you plan on re-attacking RASP.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger, Ranger Blue Liner.
I have been at Fort Stewart for about a month now. It’s not a bad base at all and Savannah is a very cool place to be by. The big army is exactly what I thought it to be but that’s not deterring my purpose in the army and what I want in the army. Right now is a good time to learn my job, improve every aspect I need to be successful in my next go around in RASP. There isn’t many motivated people in the big army which to me is very toxic but I know who to be around during the duty day and to avoid. On my down time all I care about is personal development. My NCO’s are insisting on me going back to RASP/RS when I can get the chance but only more than prepared this time. If I am able to get Ranger School before RASP or vice versa I will gladly accept which one comes towards me first.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thanks for updating us Kessler.

A lot of guys don't update when things don't go as planned. It takes a lot of personal courage to come on here and tell everyone a shortcoming. Don't let this be the wall that stops you from achieving your dream, stay focused and keep working hard. As Ranger Blueliner said, please let us know when you re-attack RASP. Keep your head high, chin up, and come back and achieve your goal. It's important to be resilient and bounce back from setbacks. I know you'll make us proud wherever you go in the Army.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger, Ranger Carpenter. I will update you on all of my progress so far. Today we took an ACFT, I scored a 582 overall. I’m happy with my score but not gonna settle and be complacent. My PL put me down for the Ranger Asssement course which is the PT test, Land Nav, ETC. I don’t know how it’ll go because I believe you need to be a PFC to go and I am just a PV2 still. Overall I will put RASP as my priority. I’d like to thank you Ranger Carpenter, Ranger Blueliner, and all of the other Rangers on this site who have helped mentor me and guide me in the right direction and always be there to help. I can’t wait to get back and attack it again!
11X OPT 40
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Kessler, good to hear from you.

As if the gods above blessed you with another chance, this is probably it. A 582 ACFT score I'm sure is pretty high among your peers at your unit, making you very competitive among other people that want to go from your unit. I'm sure your PL wouldn't recommend you if he didn't think you could do it. All you can do right now is prepare yourself for what you want to do. Drive harder than those around you at your unit, and go get the slot that's being offered to you. Keep us updated.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger that Ranger Blueliner, this time I will not go to RASP, Ranger School or anything unprepared this time. It’s a true work in progress. Being an 11C at a mechanized unit is different than being light but I get to learn how to operate different types of vehicles and learn many good traits that I’ve never learned before joining the army such as maintenance, PMCS, etc.

Vandy, I will be sure to message you on discord. It feels good to know I will have support at Fort Stewart. I appreciate you making an effort to help me get to where I want to be!
11X OPT 40

Return to “Letters from School”