SITREP- Nick

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
NoFearNick
Ranger

SITREP- Nick

Post by NoFearNick »

Greetings Rangers and other members of the site. I wanted to post an update as block leave is concluding and I will soon be returning to Ft. Benning. I will be going into the 6th week of OSUT. I am still highly motivated and ready to get back to work.
Basic training so far has been a big life change but nothing impossible. The hardest part for me so far is having zero contact with the outside world or family and having no knowledge of current events. However, I feel as though I am excelling at all of the tasks so far and have a 299 PT score. That Being said, anything under 300 I consider failing so I have been vehemently working to improve.
The PT has also been sub par and we have only ran a total of 4 times outside of APFTs. I have been doing many running workouts in the bay 25m at a time and conducting my own PT every evening before lights out. Coming from a very athletic background it is demotivating to know you are losing fitness and that you came in better prepared than you currently sit. However I am making the best of the situation and doing as much extra PT as I can to mitigate the loss as much as possible.
Overall I love the training and I know I’m in the right place. There’s nowhere else I would rather be. Looking forward to graduating the basic portion of OSUT and getting closer to earning my blue cord and beyond.

Thank you Rangers.

- Nick
11X Option 40

Ship Date: 20181106
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: SITREP- Nick

Post by IntelToad »

Sounds good Nick, keep driving on.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Great to hear from you, Nick. Keep us posted.

Did you join our Discord channel? It's a good way to keep up with the group of folks going through the process.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
NoFearNick
Ranger

Post by NoFearNick »

Thank you for the replies Ranger xray, Ranger Lunch, Ranger IntelToad and Ranger Disinfertention. I just graduated Infantry OSUT this weekend and am currently on pass. I’m still as motivated and focused as ever. I have been doing PT non-stop and have The Ranger Creed memorized and have recited it for drill sergeants and Lt. Cols alike. My last 3 APFTs were 299/300/298 respectively; so still room to improve. I’m also working on Ranger history and have compiled the entire RASP packing list while on pass.
I go to Pre-Rasp tomorrow to start the process. While it is a daunting task ahead of me, I’m very excited and can’t wait to truly get my career started. I’m looking forward to getting the best training in the world and becoming an expert at the craft.
As always thank you Rangers for the information and guidance you provide.

Ranger Disinfertention, I will go find the Discord channel as I have not yet joined. Also, any guys that are getting ready to go to basic/infantry school please don’t hesitate to reach out. I would be happy to share current knowledge so that you all can best prepare and perhaps ease some anxiety.

Have a great day all. Thank you.

- Nick
11X Option 40

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

There are a couple folks heading to Pre-RASP this week or who are already there. If you jump in Discord we'll get you linked up.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
NoFearNick
Ranger

Post by NoFearNick »

Hello Rangers and other members. I just wanted to post an update and say that I have recently graduated RASP and performed quite well. I was blessed enough to receive the physical fitness award for the course. I’m not entirely sure what falls under OPSEC but I would be happy to write up my experiences related to RASP and would 100% be willing to offer any advice I’m qualified to give. i also wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all Rangers and members that have corresponded with me directly, as well as those that have posted in the forums over the years. This site and it’s members provided a wealth of information that I feel helped me to be better prepared for the course and the army as a whole. Thank you again.
11X Option 40

IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I was at graduation and saw you get that fitness award for 7-19.

Great job, keep driving on doing great things and let us old folks know what you are up to.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

NoFearNick wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:55 am Hello Rangers and other members. I just wanted to post an update and say that I have recently graduated RASP and performed quite well. I was blessed enough to receive the physical fitness award for the course. I’m not entirely sure what falls under OPSEC but I would be happy to write up my experiences related to RASP and would 100% be willing to offer any advice I’m qualified to give. i also wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all Rangers and members that have corresponded with me directly, as well as those that have posted in the forums over the years. This site and it’s members provided a wealth of information that I feel helped me to be better prepared for the course and the army as a whole. Thank you again.
Hey Nick. I missed your post on here. Great work so far. Please check your messages next time you are here.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Letters from School”