SITREP-Alex

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Drock
Ranger

SITREP-Alex

Post by Drock »

Well tonights the night. Went to church with family this morning, then headed straight from there to the recruiting office to finalize paperwork and wait for the shuttle. Spend all of the day today at the hotel with the other DEPs. Then ill be up bright and early tomorrow to get everything finalized at MEPS before getting on my flight to Ft. Beinning.

Im diffenatly looking forward to begining this journy, and hopefully running into some of you from the site in the near future. But its time to begin my 25m target tomorrow. Im excited on ever to open up this trend and begin my pipline

Ill update everyone as I can. Also thank you to the fanstastic Rangers and mentors on this site, as well as to the other meentees. If it wasnt for all of you pushing me in my training I wouldnt feel half as prepared to start this as I do right now.
C co 2-75
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: SITREP-Alex

Post by Disinfertention »

Alex, glad you started this post. Keep us updated as much as you can. I'm anxious to hear from you!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

I was awarded some phone time for having the highest PT score in ny platoon so I can finally get around to updating.
It was a slow start here, reception is backed up so everyone was stuck there for about a month, but most all the guys who shipped with each other were lucky enough to have met at reception.
Once basic started things have been going really well, I'm in the same company with a couple of other great soldiers from the site and have outstanding drill Sargents. Our graduation is in 19 days as we are just getting into blue phase.

I'll update again as time allows.

Alex
C co 2-75
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Basic training ceremony and family weekend was great this passed weekend. It was great having some time to relax and enjoy some good food.
Basic went pretty well for me, I learned a lot and enjoyed a lot of the training events but I am definitely ready to begin the infantry portion of OSUT this next few weeks.
Our drill sargents are some of the best I could ask for. They are incredibly knowledgeable, and a great group that has me proud to be taught under them.
I did find out recently, that after graduation effective August 1 everyone with an option 40 will be going to RASP before airborne school. So I’ve been kicking it into gear with studying and PT in my free time to prepare now that I know I won’t have those extra few weeks during airborne to prepare.
It’s definitely getting exciting how fast it’s comming up, I’ll post again once I have a chance and a blue cord
C co 2-75
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

It sounds like you are doing the right thing by studying & extra PT. Continue to focus on your goal . . .it will pay off later. Do not waste your off time, RASP will be here before you know it. What do they say "success is when preparation meets opportunity". . . so true. Make it happen, Troop!
Keep us posted when you can.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Good update, keep driving on.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

This Thursday I have my ceremony where I will receive my blue cord, and then Friday will be my graduation from Infantry OSUT.

My APFT 5 score was a 318

At the end of the cycle I was able to talk with some guys who were in the later few weeks of RASP and one of the main things they said to work on was a lot of legs, so that will be the focus of my PT as I prepare to start that pipeline.

Upon the completion of my infantry training I would say I have a better understanding of the basics of the battle drills and urban operations, which makes studying my ranger handbook more beneficial because I can pick up on more of what they are explaining and put it into perspective respective.

I will be continuing to prepare, and will be updating next once I know more about my schedule after moving across base.
C co 2-75
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

This Thursday I have my ceremony where I will receive my blue cord, and then Friday will be my graduation from Infantry OSUT.

My APFT 5 score was a 318

At the end of the cycle I was able to talk with some guys who were in the later few weeks of RASP and one of the main things they said to work on was a lot of legs, so that will be the focus of my PT as I prepare to start that pipeline.

Upon the completion of my infantry training I would say I have a better understanding of the basics of the battle drills and urban operations, which makes studying my ranger handbook more beneficial because I can pick up on more of what they are explaining and put it into perspective respective.

I will be continuing to prepare, and will be updating next once I know more about my schedule after moving across base.
C co 2-75
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Alex, great work so far. As you've read before, it's only the first step of many towards where you want to be. Never lose sight of that goal.

Have you linked up with any other OPT40's while you have been in OSUT? If you haven't I'm sure you will run into some as you move to RASP 1.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Today was my first day in pre RASP. I had a long weekend and early this morning they moved us over here.

Yes Ranger Disinfertention, i have been able to link up with several other squared away opt 40 guys. Kyle from the site and I were in the same platoon during osut, and are now bunkmates at pre RASP.

It sounds like I’ll be classing up in 3 weeks. The next PT test will determine that, and I am one of the better scorers here so I have my hopes up for that. Moving over to the Ranger training compound was very motivating, and I’m even more excited to get this started!

I will be sure to update next once I have it confirmed I’ll be starting RASP
C co 2-75
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Drock wrote: October 9th, 2018, 3:30 pm Today was my first day in pre RASP.
Excellent news Drock. Keep up the good work and tell Kyle to check in with us!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great update, now get it done!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Week 1 of RASP is underway, without saying too much I just wanted to let everyone know that I have started the course, and completed the first week.

So far things are going well, and I am already starting to see my preparation pay off. I am excited for the weeks to come, and will post another update as availible.
C co 2-75
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Awesome, Alex. Stay focused. This is what you've been training for.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Letters from School”