Just finished Ground Week

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Just finished Ground Week

Post by romaniak96 »

Hello Rangers, I'm sorry for the delay of giving a SITREP, inattention to detail like Ranger Jim said. Ground week was a success, completed the 34 foot tower, learned how to don the chute and all the necessary equipment, learned how to land, eject from the risers, and roll up the chute. It has been pretty fun, but i must remain focused on the ultimate goal, which is to become an Airborne Ranger. I am continuing to work on my PT with swimming, playing basketball, lifting weights and running. One of my biggest things i am trying to focus on though is pushups as i know they must be performed to Ranger standard and they are my weakest point as of right now. I will continue to give it my all, and i will report
another SITREP next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Just finished Ground Week

Post by cams »

Attention to detail. How hard is it to capitalize "I" so it appears to be written by a professional soldier? Do push ups.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

cams wrote:Attention to detail. How hard is it to capitalize "I" so it appears to be written by a professional soldier? Do push ups.
Roger, Ranger Cams.
27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

May seem like I'm picking on small shit and being a dick, but those things are important as your career progresses, report writing, counseling statements, evals, Intel reports, you name it.

Learn the small details now, save yourself some smoke and embarrassment for the future.

You're doing great so far. Learn to balance the physical with a strong, detail oriented mind, you'll be on the right path young brother. Could be those small details mean either success or failure/death to your squad or team.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

To add to what Cams is saying, consider that you aren't even remotely fatigued yet. Hone your situational awareness and attention to detail now, so that when you are in a shitty place under incredible pressure, tired and hungry, you will have a better chance of spotting that one detail that makes all the difference to your mission.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Roger, Ranger Cams. Roger, RangerX.

27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Hello Rangers. Just completed Tower Week, now on to the last step...which I am really excited for...Jump Week. This week mainly consisted of: first, practicing mass exits out of the aircraft (in this case, the 34 foot tower) perfecting our PLF, and briefings/practicing what to do in case of any sort of malfunction or problem occurs after jumping out the aircraft, such as coming into contact with another parachuter or landing in a tree or power line. I am now ready to jump out an aircraft haha. Moving on to PT, I think I'm going to stick to calisthenics and running from now on as I feel like that would be the most beneficial. I've been hitting the gym really hard (legs especially) to where I think I have acquired enough strength. Now, I want to make sure I ace the PT test to the best of my ability, so that's where I think I'll place my focus on. I still might incorporate some weights and swimming, but time is short. On a side note, I was recommended a book to read called "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl. The author was a psychologist who went through concentration camps during the Holocaust and the book basically talks about how he survived all the adversities he faced, mentally and physically. After reading this book, I was told it'll change your whole perspective on how you tackle any sort of adversity that may come before you. I think it'd be a good read for me before starting RASP. Anyway, I hope everybody is doing well and I'll post another SITREP come next week when I'll have earned my wings!

27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Excellent book. I've read it a couple of times.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

By now, Jump week should be behind you. How was it? When does RASP start? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Ranger Jim, I just graduated yesterday and earned my wings. It was definitely a thrill, jumping out that airplane the first time. I just trusted my training and my equipment and everything went smooth. Right now, I'm a holdover and I will get picked up for PreRasp this Tuesday. I heard from the Private news network that I'll be stuck in PreRasp for a while since classes are full but if that's the case, I'm not complaining, more time to PT and learn more. Anyway, I am really excited to finally begin the process and I'm ready to embrace whatever is thrown at me. Thank you for everything so far, hope everyone is having a good day and I'll give another SITREP next week.

27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Congrats and keep driving on.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Roger that, Ranger IntelToad.

27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Hello Rangers, I've been at PreRasp now since Tuesday and things are going well. Not too much has happened, but I passed the PT test that we took yesterday... the rest of the time is spent being at the right place at the right time in the right uniform, and sitting on the rocks till we get released which pretty much sums up PreRasp so far. Occasional smokings but they aren't too bad. Right now, I'm trying to focus on learning as much Ranger History as possible and making sure I can say the Ranger Creed correctly. There's a strong possibility that I can class up into this next RASP class on June 6th, so I need to be as much prepared as possible. Today, a few guys and I ran to Doughboy Stadium and did the stairs and some sprints, along with some calisthenics. I'm feeling good and I'm going to take advantage of this 4 day weekend to PT as much as possible. Anyway, things are going well, I'll make sure to give another SITREP next week.

27D OPT 40
DOR 20151102
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

There are other mentee's in Pre-RASP with you. You all need to link up and start working together towards the end goal. Push each other. Help each other. Counsel each other. Stay away from those who are growing weak and weary from the waiting.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

romaniak96
Soon to be suspended

Post by romaniak96 »

Roger, Ranger Cams.

27D OPT 40