SITREP Javier

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Baraka481
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP Javier

Post by Baraka481 »

Hello rangers and everyone else reading. Ive been busy all week with outprocessing for AIT, spending time with family and getting my mind and body right. Wednesday the 6th I graduated with Honors from my 20 week AIT. I have learned a lot about myself over the past 5 months and have done everything to prepare myself for whats to come. April 20th I leave for Airborne school class 019-16 and 14th of may is my projected RASP start date. I have seen quite a few of my peers drop their option 40s from the end of basic till now for reasons like "I just wanna be permanent party" to " I am done being yelled at and restricted" and that just fuels the fire under my ass. I have learned the ranger creed, live by it day by day and have studied up on my ranger history. My most recent apft I maxed sit ups and push ups and got a 13:20 on my run. I am 6'3 and weigh 240 right now and am not sure if I need to lose weight or not. I am DEXA scanned at 10% bodyfat so I dont have a lot to lose. I hear the heavier you are the harder you hit at airborne school, but it is what it is. 11 more days until I class up and I am so excited to do what I really signed up for. Ill write another sitrep before Airborne school. Thank you for your time everyone.
25B OPT 40
Ship Date: 20150817
BCT Graduation Date: 20151029
AIT Graduation Date: 20160406
Airborne Graduation Date: 20160513

Return to “Letters from School”