SITREP- Garrett

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
AKwhiskey
Embryo

SITREP- Garrett

Post by AKwhiskey »

Good afternoon Rangers.
I’m currently trying to stay awake at meps right now awaiting my plane ride to basic training. I’m motivated and ready to get this journey started. It been a long time leading up to this moment, and it’s only the beginning. I’ll heed the advice of you Rangers and find the right people to align myself with, and stay out of trouble. 100% and then some. I’ll post an update once I finish basic
RASP 08-23
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: SITREP- Garrett

Post by BlueLiner »

Garrett, good luck and keep us posted.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Good luck! You're walking in the same shoes that many Rangers before you have walked. Keep us updated on your journey!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
AKwhiskey
Embryo

Post by AKwhiskey »

Good afternoon Rangers.
I graduated basic training on Dec 15th, right in time for block leave. There’s not too much I can say about basic that hasn’t been said on here already. My advice is to stay quiet until you have to lead, and stay away from females. It’s not worth it. Doing ACFT events like hand release push ups, and the ball throw beforehand will definitely help. Just do your best, and don’t lose sight of your goals. I ended up having top PT in the company, and was given soldier of the cycle
RASP 08-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

AKwhiskey wrote: January 1st, 2023, 5:03 pm Good afternoon Rangers.
I graduated basic training on Dec 15th, right in time for block leave. There’s not too much I can say about basic that hasn’t been said on here already. My advice is to stay quiet until you have to lead, and stay away from females. It’s not worth it. Doing ACFT events like hand release push ups, and the ball throw beforehand will definitely help. Just do your best, and don’t lose sight of your goals. I ended up having top PT in the company, and was given soldier of the cycle
Were you able to volunteer for RASP? Did AIT go well? Haven't heard from you in some time.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
AKwhiskey
Embryo

Post by AKwhiskey »

Good afternoon Ranger Disinfertention. I was not able to volunteer at AIT, our company was the only company that didn’t have a chance. I just made it to airborne school last night, and I plan on volunteering here once it’s an option. AIT went great overall. I really like medicine and can’t wait to learn more, very happy I chose 68W. I’m going to keep studying my ranger history and creed while I’m here, and keep up on my pt. I became apathetic towards pt at the end of my AIT which is completely my fault. That being said my 2 mile got down to 12min and I hit a 6:50 pace for 8 miles in Texas. My Drill SGT also chose me and two others to set scores for the new EFMB PT test. With some focus I know I can get back into a better place before pre-rasp.
RASP 08-23
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Garrett,

Glad to hear that things are going good, you have arrived at your 100m target. Airborne School is a fun school during jump week, but besides that, it is a lot of hurry up and wait. Try to have fun with it and make some homies, especially dudes who are trying to get to RASP. There are a few gyms near Airborne School, I suggest you go to them or go running when you have free time or do low impact cardio. I promise you the more you put into bettering yourself now, both physically and mentally, it will pay dividends if you get a RASP slot. Know every pause, stanza, and tone for the Ranger Creed. Study your Ranger History too, it is important that you know the story and lineage of the organization that you are wanting to become apart of. Keep us posted on your progress, and let the weak fall by the wayside. Also, try to eat clean and stretch when you can.

Good luck!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

AKwhiskey wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:46 am Good afternoon Ranger Disinfertention. I was not able to volunteer at AIT, our company was the only company that didn’t have a chance. I just made it to airborne school last night, and I plan on volunteering here once it’s an option. AIT went great overall. I really like medicine and can’t wait to learn more, very happy I chose 68W. I’m going to keep studying my ranger history and creed while I’m here, and keep up on my pt. I became apathetic towards pt at the end of my AIT which is completely my fault. That being said my 2 mile got down to 12min and I hit a 6:50 pace for 8 miles in Texas. My Drill SGT also chose me and two others to set scores for the new EFMB PT test. With some focus I know I can get back into a better place before pre-rasp.
Garrett, if you did not get to volunteer as you wanted please check in and let us know. I hope jump school went ok. I had the weird "privilege" of being the first jumper on one of mine. Some memories don't get deleted as you get older!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
AKwhiskey
Embryo

Post by AKwhiskey »

Rangers thanks for the replies. I finished up airborne school with no issues. Jump week was definitely a lot of fun, and I also had the “privilege” of being first jumper. An experience I won’t forget anytime soon. I was given the opportunity to volunteer for RASP and took it, I’m finishing up my second week here at pre-RASP. So far so good
RASP 08-23
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Garrett, do not let your motivation subside while you are in Pre-RASP. I know shit can get boring there, best way to remedy this is by finding dudes like yourself, or better than you and training with them. Don't do stupid shit that will get you kicked out, avoid the transitions dudes as well. Keep working out and get ready for the class-up PT test. Outwork your peers.

Never quit, and keep on keepin' on.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
AKwhiskey
Embryo

Post by AKwhiskey »

Rangers tomorrow is day zero of RASP. Thank you all for the advice on my journey. I Hope i can report back with good news in a few weeks
RASP 08-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Garrett,

Time to test your mettle. Good luck!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Good luck, never quit and when you're under that Georgia moon at 2AM half awake, remember why you're there!

And as always.......LET THE WEAK FALL BY THE WAYSIDE!

Go get it!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
AKwhiskey
Embryo

Post by AKwhiskey »

Rangers I’m happy to say I graduated RASP class 08-23.

It’s been a very long journey, and I see today as just the start of an even longer challenge. The best advice I can give you Ranger hopefuls is advice passed to me by cadre, and those on this site. Push all your emotions into a pit, and once you do that bury your physical pain as well. Everything is doable, do not let your spirits be crushed by yourself. Take everything one evolution at a time, and quitting will never be a real consideration.

Thank you all for the advice and motivation. I might open another thread specifically for SOCM following this, whatever the Rangers here would like to see.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
RASP 08-23
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Garrett, well done!
It's only gonna get harder from here. :twisted:

Live the Ranger Creed every single day, and set the example for others to follow. We are all proud of your success.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Letters from School”