RASP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

RASP

Post by Jim »

Ranger Assessment & Selection Program - How to Become a 75th Ranger
(TIME: 37:12)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YDcifOhnM
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
EPSILON32
Future Soldier/ 18 Series

Re: RASP

Post by EPSILON32 »

Ranger Jim and other Rangers, I have a question about this documentary. I like to watch this documentary around once a week or so and I have been doing this for a little while now; my question is if this portrays RASP accurately. I have read on other websites and also just from other letters from school some of their experiences and it sounds like RASP is a lot different. Also it could be that they show only a portion of a few days which could be throwing things off. If any Rangers could clear up this question, especially those whom have went through RASP recently, I would be grateful.
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

First what does that mean does it portray RASP accurately? It was shot during a RASP class. And they took 8 weeks and make it into a 37 min video so using some simple deductive reasoning yes there is stuff cut out. It does not throw things off that documentary is a taste of RASP, it is by no means meant to be all encompassing. RASP is one thing, it sucks. That being said your version of suck will differ from the next persons. One version could be the 100 degree heat, the next could be the 20 degree cold with a nice wind chill, while the next is simply because your class is "special" and needs some special treatment. Keep another thing in mind, each person's version of suck differs. An 18 year old's version is a lot different than a 30 year old's version. So while everyone will have a slightly different version they will indeed all suck. Does that help?
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
EPSILON32
Future Soldier/ 18 Series

Post by EPSILON32 »

Roger Ranger Grim666, I did not mean to come off ignorantly. I was questioning from an article I read from SOFREP.com where they said this documentary made RASP look "weak". I wanted to gain multiple opinions. You nailed it perfect though, it is impossible to express the suck of RASP in 37 minutes. Thank you.

Return to “About RASP”