Failure of RASP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
FutureSoldierMA
Embryo

Failure of RASP

Post by FutureSoldierMA »

Hello Rangers,

Im in the process right now of Enlisting. Ive just taken the practice ASVAB and have a date to go to MEPs. My recruiter says from the way things have been going and how ive done on the practice exam, there is a really high chance ill be able to sign up with an 11X Option 40 very soon. My only concern with this is say I make it to RASP and something happens, I fail, med-drop, or something else. Ive heard some people on this forum say then you get sent to a job based on the needs of the Army. Does that mean they can re assign you a completely different MOS, or just send you to any Infantry Division they want. Basically in the event that someone doesnt make it through RASP is it a garuntee theyll still retain the Infantry MOS they enlisted with (assuming they had an 11x)?

I know that this isnt the right mentality to have, and I shouldnt even let the though of failure or anything like it seep into my mind regarding becoming a Ranger. But its a very big committment to make and I want to look at it from all angles, and my confusion on this matter is the only thing remaining that would make me reconsider my decsion.

Thank you Rangers for any responses.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Failure of RASP

Post by KW Driver »

Why are you entertaining thoughts of failure? That's rhetorical.

There's no reason to retrain you into another MOS unless you are medically disqualified to perform the duties in your current one, due to injury, or something along those lines. You're more likely to be medically separated/retired from the service at that point though.

The easy answer is, don't fail.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
FutureSoldierMA
Embryo

KW Driver wrote:Why are you entertaining thoughts of failure? That's rhetorical.

There's no reason to retrain you into another MOS unless you are medically disqualified to perform the duties in your current one, due to injury, or something along those lines. You're more likely to be medically separated/retired from the service at that point though.

The easy answer is, don't fail.

Roger Ranger KW Driver thanks for the information.
FutureSoldierMA
Embryo

Affirm wrote:RASP is fucking easy dude. If you aren't a bitch and aren't retarded you should be okay.
Roger Ranger Affirm.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Failure is not an option, give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “About RASP”