RASP Graduation

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
lady1jane
Embryo

RASP Graduation

Post by lady1jane »

What is the RASP Graduation? My son is almost finished (this week) and next week is graduation. Are there any details for this? Are parents encouraged to come? Can anyone help?
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

RASP Graduation

Post by KW Driver »

It is a graduation ceremony and first donning of the beret, wearing the scroll of his appropriate Battalion.

Families are absolutely encouraged to attend, and I'm sure he'd be appreciatively surprised if you showed up.

Depending on where he's going next (which Battalion/follow on schooling) will dictate how much time you get to spend with him. If he stays at Benning, he should get most of the weekend off.

Go to the fort benning webpage/tenant units/75th to see if they list date/location. Or just google RASP graduation, and search around

I have to hit the road, or I'd look for you. Someone here has the answer.

I hope he earns his place. it's never a sure thing, and we earned our place in the Regiment every single
day.
Last edited by KW Driver on June 17th, 2015, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Re: RASP Graduation

Post by Grim666 »

Lady1jane they should all have a 4 day weekend following graduation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
lady1jane
Embryo

Post by lady1jane »

Thank you for your comments....We will be attending the graduation, we have the hotel booked. The only problem is we don't know where to go or what time or any other details. We have been to Fort Benning before and know how large it is compared to the base we work on. Hopefully my son with have more details this weekend. We are extremely proud of him!!

Thanks again!!
lady1jane
Embryo

Post by lady1jane »

one more question...how long until they hear will they will be going after RASP?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

lady1jane wrote:one more question...how long until they hear will they will be going after RASP?
normally they find out the last week of RASP so they have time to make travel plans
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Where it is held depends on class size. He should have more details this weekend. If not let me know and I can get details for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Dismay
Embryo

Post by Dismay »

I understand the timing for RASP2 is different - is there a separate graduation ceremony?
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Most of the recent ones I've been to have been at Marshall Auditorium. With Ranger Rendezvous happening next week and RHOF induction, not sure how that will work.

Your son will have details very soon. I will post the info as soon as Mrs Davis sends it out as well.
lady1jane
Embryo

Post by lady1jane »

We are supposed to find out today about graduation and where my son will be going. Thanks for all the responses!!!
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

The 75th Ranger Regiment is proud to announce that the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 1 Class 06-15 will conduct its graduation at the Marshall Auditorium, Friday, June 26 at 1 p.m.

Directions:

Enter Fort Benning on I-185 South, and continue straight until it becomes Dixie Road on Main Post. Turn right onto Edwards Street, then left on Eckel Avenue. Building 4 will be on your right, with parking on the east and west. Marshall Auditorium is on the first floor at the center of the building, just beyond the main entrance facing Eckel Avenue. The bottom map with the "Red" Google Bubble Pin, is Marshall Auditorium.

Click on the maps to enlarge them.
ScreenHunter_368 Jun. 25 14.34.jpg
Attachments
ScreenHunter_369 Jun. 25 14.35.jpg
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “About RASP”