Pre-RASP psychological tests

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: Pre-RASP psychological tests

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Lying about past drug use makes you a blackmail risk. Telling the Army that you've used drugs eliminates that risk (so long as you are leave the drug use in the past forever). At worst, being honest about it will make your security investigation take a little bit longer.
Warpig12354
Embryo

Post by Warpig12354 »

After MEPS is there any other tests or questions they'll ask before rasp?
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Warpig12354 wrote:After MEPS is there any other tests or questions they'll ask before rasp?
One major test you will face between MEPS and RASP is Basic Training and AIT. We call those the "25 meter target". Focus on those. If you are honest in your responses prior to entering training, then anything they might ask you afterwards is either a follow up, a clarification, or an ambush.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Warpig12354 wrote:After MEPS is there any other tests or questions they'll ask before rasp?
This is five months after your last post. Please tell us where you are in the enlistment process? Never, never quit!
Hey guys, my name is Jake and I'm 18 years old. I just returned from MEPS today with a 68W Option 40 contract and I'm scheduled to ship November 18, 2013. I look forward to the future and the tips I'll learn on here.
What happened?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Warpig12354
Embryo

Post by Warpig12354 »

I just graduated basic training today and am leaving for Fort Sam tomorrow morning. The reason for asking about the tests is that my recruiter told my favorite answer for everything at meps was no so not all my answers were 100% on point and now I want them to be for my own sanity.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Warpig12354 wrote:I just graduated basic training today and am leaving for Fort Sam tomorrow morning. The reason for asking about the tests is that my recruiter told my favorite answer for everything at meps was no so not all my answers were 100% on point and now I want them to be for my own sanity.
Please explain. I do not understand.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Warpig12354
Embryo

Post by Warpig12354 »

Never mind, Ranger Jim. I'm just working myself up.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

OK, for the record.. before anybody does anything rash..

When it comes down to it, Uncle Sugar, quite frankly, does not give a fuck what you may have smoked, eaten, snorted or otherwise put into your body before you get in. Unless it has changed, you can say you smoked weed up to six months before your enlistment and a year for doing coke. This, of course, is provided that your piss test is clean. They aren't going to send Horatio Caine and his crack team of CSI investigators, and they won't leave you in a cold cell with "Afternoon Delight" blaring until you break down and tell them about in the sixth grade thinking your bought pot but it was a baggie of oregano, and how you and your friends smoked it anyway behind the movie theater.

Nobody. Gives. A. Flying. FUCK!..

I know of someone who liked to enjoy a splif now and then, and told the recruiters "Yes" when asked on the questionnaire. When they asked how much, he replied with " what are we talking, this year? in total? actual weight? what?.." Frustrated, the interviewer asked when was the last time? "1988", quoth he. (this was September '89) "Give me a number..", "TEN", he said. The NCO then made some scribbles on the paper, and handed it to our intrepid recruit. "Here! Sign this that you did it 10 times in September of '88. Keep it that way.."

They don't care, that is until you get in.

Which brings me to my next point; everyone in the military, including Rangers, are only human. We make mistakes like the rest of 'em. You will know people who continue to use drugs in the military. They think they can game the system and not get caught. They are wrong. Uncle Sugar will find them.. eventually. Don't be that guy. My old CSM once said that the day he got out he was going to roll a big fattie and blaze up, but until then he had to abstain. ( I've always wondered if he did.. )

People have all kinds of shit that has happened in their past. If something comes up, don't lie about it. One of the greatest NCO's I ever had the privilege of working with had a DUI fatality on his record. He didn't advertise it, but those of us who were close to him knew. He said that that haunted him more than any of his wartime experiences. At the end of the day, he passed the most important psychological test there is. He forgave himself for having done it, and vowed he would never fuck up like that again.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Warpig12354
Embryo

Post by Warpig12354 »

Thank you for your reply. I've already been though MEPS and basic so it's all done but ill know in the future just to answer honestly so I have nothing to worry about.
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

I've found myself in a similar situation. My recruiter told me since it had been over a decade since I have smoked marijuana and I didn't have anything on my record to indicate prior usage to say NO. I had no qualms saying yes but they made it sound like I would be at risk of losing my contract that took forever to obtain. The recruiter's words verbatum: "Saying YES to that means Your. Enlistment. Stops." Which sounds ridiculous looking back on it. I NOW know better but have already passed that step at MEPS and ship soon. Obviously I should bring it up when asked, especially at Pre-RASP. I'm just wondering if there's going to be repercussions for bringing it up after MEPS.
A co. 1/75
Ranger School Class 10-15

Return to “About RASP”