RASP 1

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
glocky45
Ranger

RASP 1

Post by glocky45 »

Rangers, I completed Phase I of RASP I, onto Phase II. DEP's, There are many things I'd like to tell you about the course to help you prepare, but the fact of the matter is there is nothing that will prepare you for what is to come your way. Simply your best isn't enough, you have to put out all the time one hundred percent and then some. I realize you have to live the Ranger Creed in order to make it here. I have been in more physical and mental stress and pain here than ever before in my life, and you learn to suck it the fuck up and drive on. Everyones knees hurt, everyones back and legs are destroyed especially if you goal is to strive in the course not just survive the course. Our last ruck run was 10 miles in which I kept up with the Cadre until about mile 7. Then they just took off and were damn near the same pace the regular army does their regular runs (without a ruck) for pt. The Cadre here are straight animals and masters of the fundamentals. I completed the 10 mile ruck in 1hour 56mins. My best advice I could give you is pt yourself till you fucking want to puke your brains out and then keep going, do that regularly and most of all don't fucking be a pussy and quit if this is where you want to be and what you want to do. You'll learn quickly that if you were the fastest, or strongest, or most squared away guy before there will be someone here that is better than you at something and that type of environment is part of the product that makes a Ranger. Always be competitive and always strive to be the best at everything you do. Never just settle for a set "standard" or minimum. For example I've seen plenty of men come in our class with us and be great at the APFT or ruck runs and still quit because they lack the intestinal fortitude to strive for more and to never quit and to never accept failure. Bottom line, Don't fucking quit!
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: RASP 1

Post by Jim »

You have come a long way in a short time. Good SITREP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: RASP 1

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great Sitrep . . . Now continue the mission to your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “About RASP”