Pre-RASP/RASP Timeline

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
milewskiw
US Army Veteran

Pre-RASP/RASP Timeline

Post by milewskiw »

Greetings Warriors,
My son completes jump school friday and reports to pre-RASP next week, can anybody give me a timeline on how long he would be in pre-rasp? My assumption(never a good thing in the military) would be till a minimum number of candidates are ready to start RASP. However with the holidays coming up and the tradition of mass exodus at most army schools was wondering if that will effect the dates.

Thanks for any info!
5 Years AD, 21 Years USAR; Master Sergeant (Retired) 11B
24th ID, Berlin Bde, 3rd ID.

Proud father of a future Ranger!
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Pre-RASP/RASP Timeline

Post by Invictus »

milewskiw wrote:Greetings Warriors,
My son completes jump school friday and reports to pre-RASP next week, can anybody give me a timeline on how long he would be in pre-rasp? My assumption(never a good thing in the military) would be till a minimum number of candidates are ready to start RASP. However with the holidays coming up and the tradition of mass exodus at most army schools was wondering if that will effect the dates.

Thanks for any info!
Your assumption Sir, is correct. I'm guessing that with the timing of his graduation, he'll be home for the holidays and class up after the 1st of the year. Again, not a sure thing, but likely.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Just spoke to one of my DEP's in pre-RASP. He said that they'll pick up the next two BAC classes and then start RASP in November. They do the first 4 weeks then Christmas exodus, come back and do the 2nd 4 weeks.

I highly recommend you consider the source is a PV4 in pre-RASP.
milewskiw
US Army Veteran

Post by milewskiw »

Thank you Rangers,
Was up at Benning Friday to pin his wings and he got an anticipated RASP start date at briefing. The Silver Wings put on a nice show by the way! Weather was perfect for jump.
5 Years AD, 21 Years USAR; Master Sergeant (Retired) 11B
24th ID, Berlin Bde, 3rd ID.

Proud father of a future Ranger!

Return to “About RASP”