Pre RASP Tips

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Pre RASP Tips

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the input. Looks like you are ready to begn RASP fully prepared. Please continue providing us with SITREPs as often as you can. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Keep us updated. and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

great advice!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

CentralLB wrote: Generally you are released in the early afternoon, hours before the RASP class or most other soldiers on base.

RASP Classes get released now???!!!!
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

]
CentralLB wrote: Generally you are released in the early afternoon, hours before the RASP class or most other soldiers on base.

RASP Classes get released now???!!!![/quote]

Ranger Cayo,

Here in pre RASP we get released anywhere between noon and 1400. As for the actual RASP classes themselves I can only parrot what I hear on the private news network but they're rumoured to get weekends and some nights in phase 2 to themselves outside the big brown fence. Something about bait used for weeding out guys who like to do stupid shit like get DUI's before they get to batt.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NeverSayDie wrote:Here in pre RASP we get released anywhere between noon and 1400. As for the actual RASP classes themselves I can only parrot what I hear on the private news network but they're rumoured to get weekends and some nights in phase 2 to themselves outside the big brown fence. Something about bait used for weeding out guys who like to do stupid shit like get DUI's before they get to batt.
Did you graduate Airborne? When do you start RASP?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Jim wrote: Did you graduate Airborne? When do you start RASP?
Ranger Jim,

I graduated Jump School last friday. Can't believe I did'nt think to post a SITREP. PreRASP is awesome. The PT is actually challenging, for the first time since I enlisted. Not sure if I can post exact dates becuase of opsec, We dont pick up for RASP until january. We'll be jumping straight into the fire after xmas exodus, so those who lack the motivation to pt on their own are gonna be obvious.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: sitrep

Post by Steadfast »

NeverSayDie wrote:
Jim wrote: Did you graduate Airborne? When do you start RASP?
Ranger Jim,

I graduated Jump School last friday. Can't believe I did'nt think to post a SITREP. PreRASP is awesome. The PT is actually challenging, for the first time since I enlisted. Not sure if I can post exact dates becuase of opsec, We dont pick up for RASP until january. We'll be jumping straight into the fire after xmas exodus, so those who lack the motivation to pt on their own are gonna be obvious.
NeverSayDie, congratulations Paratrooper!
You can select a new avatar of your own choosing or one from Tactical.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NeverSayDie wrote: We'll be jumping straight into the fire after xmas exodus, so those who lack the motivation to pt on their own are gonna be obvious.
That's an old Benning School for Boys technique. I was in OCS, and the first day back we did two laps on the airborne track before the airborne students got there. Can you say O'dark:30 in the rain. But I'm here.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I started RIP (before most of you were born) the class after Exodus.

Cole Range is gonna be cold, wet,bitch. Snivel light during the day when you are active. Remove the sweaty t-shirt and day snivel and go heavier at night in dry clothing. Waterproof everything. Even if your t-shirt and socks are dry for only a minute after you change it will help morale a lot. Also, brush your damn teeth. A new pair a socks, t-shirt and scrubbing the fur off your fangs will make you feel like a new man. Take your comforts where you can find them little brothers.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:Cole Range is gonna be cold, wet,bitch. Snivel light during the day when you are active. Remove the sweaty t-shirt and day snivel and go heavier at night in dry clothing. Waterproof everything. Even if your t-shirt and socks are dry for only a minute after you change it will help morale a lot. Also, brush your damn teeth. A new pair a socks, t-shirt and scrubbing the fur off your fangs will make you feel like a new man. Take your comforts where you can find them little brothers.
Amen!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “About RASP”