DEP'ing Into the Army

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Re: DEP'ing Into the Army

Post by Gilbot »

Thank you, Ranger cdwdirect for posting such an informative thread to help us get what we want. My only question is that since this was posted 6 years ago, how much of this still applies? I read in another thread that they are tightening the belt on the Opt. 40 and a Ranger recommended to a DEP that he is actually better off going with an Opt. 4 and then signing up for RASP when the time came to do so, I apologize for not citing the thread, Rangers. Thank you for taking time out of your schedules to read through my post.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Gilbot wrote:Thank you, Ranger cdwdirect for posting such an informative thread to help us get what we want. My only question is that since this was posted 6 years ago, how much of this still applies? I read in another thread that they are tightening the belt on the Opt. 40 and a Ranger recommended to a DEP that he is actually better off going with an Opt. 4 and then signing up for RASP when the time came to do so, I apologize for not citing the thread, Rangers. Thank you for taking time out of your schedules to read through my post.
If it was no longer relevant I would have taken it down years ago.

Push.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Gilbot
Future Soldier

Post by Gilbot »

Roger, MSG hit_it.

Return to “Recruitment Process”