Mail / Graduation Questions

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Barracuda
Egg

Mail / Graduation Questions

Post by Barracuda »

I have a brother in class 008-10 that started the Ranger School on June 27 and is scheduled to graduate on August 27. I have the three addresses posted on the Ranger School website but I do not know the squad, platoon or company he is assigned to. Can I just send letters to the addresses listed with just his name and rank without the other information? Will he get those letters?
Also, I have read that you can send care packages and that the guys will get those at the end of each phase. My bro's girlfriend wants to send him some home-made cookies. Will he get them?
Finally, I would like to make travel arrangements to go to his graduation. When / how can I find out if he will graduate on August 27? Will he be able to call and when? I don't know if I should make flight and hotel reservations now or how long I will have to get them.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Mail / Graduation Questions

Post by Bravo57 »

My Mom figured it out. She was there Graduation day. And I had no commo with her.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Elguapo
Ranger

Re: Mail / Graduation Questions

Post by Elguapo »

If you don't have his info, just send it to the current phase he is in. It might get slowed down a bit, but it will catch up. Depending on where he is in a phase and how fast the Post Office is working, send the cookies. He'll like them. At the end of each phase, he should be able to call you, if he wants. Sometimes guys are a little preoccupied talking to their women, and may not call you. You can book your flight now, but if he gets recycled you're probably screwed. Most people wait till they hear their dude is graduating before they book. It could save you a couple bucks in the long run if he gets recycled.

P.S. Put a jar of peanut butter in his care package. He'll thank you.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”