Record of RS attendees?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
SpearHeadLOG
US Army

Record of RS attendees?

Post by SpearHeadLOG »

I spoke with a high-ranker the other day about getting another shot at Ranger School (I was dropped after I no-go'ed the second lap in Florida), and I was told told something to the effect that my name is on a list of all the people who have ever attended RS. I was told I would be identified among the cadre from Day One, and that I would essentially have an asterisk on my name for the duration of the course.

I think I remember something about a blue card or green card that was supposed to be a record, but that's all I can draw out of the RAP week blur. As much as I can recall about that, that card could be my shot record or something equally irrelevant.

My questions for those who might know: Is this true? If so, is that a bad thing, a good thing, or nothing at all? I'm not expecting special consideration; I want the same blank slate I had the first time. Just curious.
It's not magic. It's logistics.

Transportation Corps, AD since 2008
19th ESC (Korea), May 09-present
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: Record of RS attendees?

Post by RRDTm3 »

if you were dropped for patrols or peers nobody is going to care
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

pussy! man the fuck up and go back no matter what the cost!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Anything worth doing is worth doing again. I did the mountains twice -- and I would have done it a third time if I had to (God, I'm glad I only had to do it twice).
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

panthersix wrote:pussy! man the fuck up and go back no matter what the cost!
Yes, this.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

read this then either go or STFU

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/tgbostickjr.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bostick was a damn good dude. He was enlisted in Regiment and was my Ranger buddy in the suck til we got split because we were in the trail company. Good dude all around.

First time he was in Ranger School he recycled Florida. While on pass, He got dropped for abusing a jet ski (while drinking) that he happen to have rented from an RI who was moonlighting by renting them. My Day 1, HIS SECOND TIME THRU, I was standing beside him when a RI who knew his story saw him and said "Ranger Bostick, fucking drop. you too Ranger buddy. Smoked both our asses 10 minutes prior to the PT test. Whilst getting our nutz crushed I aksed him WTF did he do to the RI, he pleaded for me to to just take the heat and he would make it up to me.........................he did many times

Second time thru he got his shit, CAN YOU?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I am getting ready to go tomorrow. This will be my first time, however it will be one of my Ranger buddies third time. Nothing worth having ever came easy!!!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

"Something to the effect" my ass. Either you know exactly what the fuck you were told or you don't.

Don't be a cunt.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Blacksrt4 wrote:I am getting ready to go tomorrow. This will be my first time, however it will be one of my Ranger buddies third time. Nothing worth having ever came easy!!!
Since you side-stepped PRC...get the fuck down. You could have saved yourself a lot of grief.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Don't worry about blank slates. Don't worry about the opinions of brass or others who may nay say. What you should have replied to that officer was "Sir, I don't care if the RIs have already conspired to NoGo every single patrol I'm given, tell them they can bring it on. I'm coming anyway."

Brother, I have had a 13 year break of service, and yet I still carry in my patrol cap to this day the very same drive-on-tab that my PSG gave me when I first got to battalion. I have kept it all these years, because completing the school meant that much to me as a young Ranger. My first order of duty, in as much as God and my battalion CO will allow, will be to get that unfinished business taken care of. You owe it to yourself, and you owe it to your soldiers to do the same.

Even in the chaplains course a clear and visible distinction can be made between those leaders who have served with the Regiment, the Groups, and/or completed Ranger School. It is something intangible, yet clear to all without mistake. They are the leaders from whom the others draw direction, courage, and from whom they are learning how to be better soldiers.

You should feel the same aching hole in your heart, as I feel, where that tab should have been. Don't make excuses when you could be squaring yourself away. Get with someone and make things happen.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
SpearHeadLOG
US Army

Post by SpearHeadLOG »

Thanks for the input, gentlemen, especially Ranger Panthersix -"man the fuck up" is a valid course of action in any situation. The question was not about WHETHER to go, I just wanted to clear up a rumor. The reason I was speaking with the boss in the first place was because I needed the BN CDR's signature on my 4187...I'm on the way back already, made that decision a long time ago.
It's not magic. It's logistics.

Transportation Corps, AD since 2008
19th ESC (Korea), May 09-present
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Couple of tips, don't give rumors any credibility and don't think too much or you will be sowing the seeds of defeat. My attitude adjustment speech, while short, is that going and graduating from RS is a black/white decision. Sometimes its good to have more balls than brains :)
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Strong Ranger....
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”