The Crossfit protocol

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
PJ1
Embryo

Post by PJ1 »

Not an advertisement, just info. to help fellow warriors.

Where was I disrespectful? Let me know. When did I offend a unit?

Airforce, you can rip all you want, does not bother me the weak are everywhere, even in the Army.

As far as saying Fuck You, I was told that I, not being a Ranger do not have freedom of speech. So, is there anything else I have to do to conform? :shock:
USAF Pararescue, 14 years
PJ1
Embryo

Post by PJ1 »

What were saying is try it and see for yourself, if you don't like it, cool, but I expect you will see dramatic results.

Army Air Corp good one.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

PJ1 wrote:Not an advertisement, just info. to help fellow warriors.

Airforce, you can rip all you want, does not bother me the weak are everywhere, even in the Army.

As far as saying Fuck You, I was told that I, not being a Ranger do not have freedom of speech. So, is there anything else I have to do to conform? :shock:
Uh...no.Whatever...I was talkin' to the other PJ.He apparently is a Ranger and we expect he knows how to take us.I'll just keep the fuck out of it.

Non Gratis Anus Rodentus
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

PJ1 wrote:Not an advertisement, just info. to help fellow warriors.

I think your good PJ. You made your point on what you see as the benefits of the crossfit system.

Stay awhile, you will probably like it here.

Now as a guest in our house, get your g-damned hairdryer out of the sink, ya fucking long-haired hippy! 8) :wink:
PJ1
Embryo

Post by PJ1 »

Roger that, out.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

More information on different systems to get fit, stay fit, or achieve extraordinary strength/fitness is always welcomed here.

The requirements of those who serve in any Special Operations unit are higher than what the average human, or average soldier is required to do. Therefore, new ideas should be tried out if they represent an advancement. It's good to train hard. It's better to train hard and smart.
Haterade
Ranger

Crossfit will smoke you like cheap crack

Post by Haterade »

OK I'm new here but if you read my intro, I like PT. Anyway Crossfit is great. However if you read the site, you should be in good shape prior to begining crossfit. It will smoke you. I do agree if you're looking to improve your APFT score, more PU and SU and running are the key. I've been doing crossfit workouts for about 2 months now. I do them about twice a week along with my normal PT regime. It doesn't cost a dime to go to the site and check out what the workout of the day is. If you don't like it, do something else, but quite a few of the workouts are just plain torture. For example:

5 rounds for time of:

20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 squats (no wieght)

Yes. I've done it. yes it hurts the next day. Just my .02
CL 7-95
1-9 IN 95-96
2-58 IN 96-99
2-7 SFG(A) 00-02
JFKSWCS 02-03
03-Present 1-13 IN (formerly 2-28 IN)
Ruffner275
Ranger

Post by Ruffner275 »

Crossfit is good to go. I switched from standard weightlifting/running workouts about a month ago. And yes, it is a lot like a thrash session at times.
12B1P 11th ACR 96-99
11B2V C co. 2/75 99-02
Class 8-00
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I am currently executing a version the Michigan Football workout, which is comparible to Cross-fit. I have been having significant success with this program. I reccomend these type of anerobic programs for anyone who has reach either a physical or mental plateau with their current workout.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Just found this thread. I have been doing cross-fit for ten days now and I have yet to be more smoked in that amount of time. It is hands down keeping me from going back to hitting the weights. I am going to give myself a monthly PT test from here on out to track my improvements.

If anyone here has any good workouts, go ahead and post them.

As to you Zaknafien, what the fuck do you know about the shape PJ's are in? Not a whole lot or you would be keeping your trap shut.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Matador275 wrote:Just found this thread. I have been doing cross-fit for ten days now and I have yet to be more smoked in that amount of time. It is hands down keeping me from going back to hitting the weights. I am going to give myself a monthly PT test from here on out to track my improvements.

If anyone here has any good workouts, go ahead and post them.

As to you Zaknafien, what the fuck do you know about the shape PJ's are in? Not a whole lot or you would be keeping your trap shut.
Better late than never. I am currently on a break from my routine (8-Weeks is maximum cycle) and I can't wait to get back on it.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
blinc

Post by blinc »

I obviously have no military PT experience to compare it to, but I know for sure that it kicks my tail. After I graduated I got a job as the head of IT for a company here in SF, moved out here, and started up at the local crossfit group. I've never felt like puking/puked from workouts so much in my life. Nothin' like doing squats with your heartrate up at 180.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”