Any tips?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Pb92A
Embryo

Any tips?

Post by Pb92A »

Hey Rangers I just have a dilema here I really don't have anything to put on my back to condition my body for the ruck marchs that await me in RASP and basically I was wondering if anyone has some insight on some exercises I can do to help me condition my body for the ruck marchs. I just got permission to be able to go to the gym for about a hour and a half on weekdays by my First Sgt. so I do have access to a gym with weights if need be.

Thanks Rangers
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Any tips?

Post by Jim »

Pb92A wrote:Hey Rangers I just have a dilema here I really don't have anything to put on my back to condition my body for the ruck marchs that await me in RASP and basically I was wondering if anyone has some insight on some exercises I can do to help me condition my body for the ruck marchs. I just got permission to be able to go to the gym for about a hour and a half on weekdays by my First Sgt. so I do have access to a gym with weights if need be.

Thanks Rangers
Ask your supply sergeant if you can draw a ruck from supply for practice.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Be pro-active. Plan out a route for a platoon- or company-level ruck march. Start asking your leadership when the next ruckmarch is. If you get blank stares, tell them about your route, and ask what other preparations you can assist with to make it happen. Pretty much every First Sergeant I've met enjoys a good ruck march, so it shouldn't be too hard to make happen.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I don't know what stage of training your in right now besides Basic/OSUT. If you can go to the PX and buy a ruck. If you can only go the gym and not yet leave the company training area fill it with rocks/dirt, anything heavy and use the treadmill. Uphill. Fast.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote:I don't know what stage of training your in right now besides Basic/OSUT. If you can go to the PX and buy a ruck. If you can only go the gym and not yet leave the company training area fill it with rocks/dirt, anything heavy and use the treadmill. Uphill. Fast.
He has not been on the site since 22 April, I think he lost interest.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About Army Physical Training”