RASP Prep during OSUT/Airborne

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Futbol
Future Soldier / Opt40

RASP Prep during OSUT/Airborne

Post by Futbol »

Hello all,

I found the 12 week movement prep for RASP and it looks great! I have close to 10 weeks before I ship for OSUT and have been training hard. Speed and strength are my specialty. I can do pushups and situps all day, but my distance running is weak at this point. I really want to make sure my cardio is strong when I arrive at RASP. My concern is, from what I understand, there is not a lot of intensive PT (especially running) at OSUT and Airborne, and with these lasting around 15 weeks I am looking for advice on how to fit in extra PT on my own, and if it will be possible for me to follow the 12 week movement prep during this period? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140325

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: RASP Prep during OSUT/Airborne

Post by Jim »

Josh, take the opportunity to read the letters from school thread. Most of our members who were successful commented that they took advantage of off-time to improve their PT. One of the reasons that we focus on pull-ups is that one of the mentees who appeared to be doing well, failed the BAC PT test (which focuses on pull-ups). Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Futbol
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: RASP Prep during OSUT/Airborne

Post by Futbol »

Roger, Ranger Jim
11X OPT 40