Combining calisthenics with weight training?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Silverain
Embryo

Combining calisthenics with weight training?

Post by Silverain »

So I am still fairly skinny, and this last year of high school I am going to start physically training more than I have in previous years. I am 5 '11 and weigh about 160 pounds (I don't know where the weight comes from). But anyway, I am having trouble combining calisthenics (such as push ups, sit ups, pull ups, etc.) which are important for the APFT, with weight training in order to gain more muscle mass at the same time. This is also true for doing leg workouts and running/rucking. Would you recommend calisthenics certain days of the week and weight training other days, or doing calisthenics in the morning and weight training in the afternoon? Maybe incorporating both into the same workout session? I finally have access to a gym so I would like to start using it. Thank you for any input you can provide.
"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Combining calisthenics with weight training?

Post by Jim »

As I said before, the search feature is yoiur friend. I'm reserving judgement. Please conduct a self-administered AFPT and post the results on your introduction thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverain
Embryo

Re: Combining calisthenics with weight training?

Post by Silverain »

Sorry about that Ranger Jim. Both of my threads were submitted around the same time. I will post my results soon.
"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis

Return to “About Army Physical Training”