Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Daily workout post

Post by Nomad »

Gents,

Since there seems to be quite a bit of interest in the whole WOD and CF type workouts, I am deciding to post my routine on here.

I challenge all of you, but especially the DEP's to kick my ass on this.

Being an online forum and all, this is integrity driven. If you want to tell me that you did the workout in x-time and I see some of the superstuds I work out with complete it in y-time, I won't say anything initially but will call your act out before too long.

Form is important. I don't believe in the bouncing motion stuff if you're doing exercises that do not involve kettle bells or are specific to cross fit.

Without any further talk, here is todays workout:

100 Pull-Ups (palms facing out)

200 Push-Ups

300 Squats (90 degree bend in your knees)

My time was 21:10
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Thanks for making this post. Ran home on my lunch break and did this (I've done it before, couple of months ago). My time today was 27:42. I thought I would do it faster. I think I had a poor strategy in that I did my squats in sets of fifty to get done with them earlier in the workout. Slowed me down on the rest of it I thought. If you don't mind, how did you break your workout up? I'll try and continue to contribute to this thread. It's good motivation and competition for me, as I workout by myself 95% of the time.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Thanks for making this post. Ran home on my lunch break and did this (I've done it before, couple of months ago). My time today was 27:42. I thought I would do it faster. I think I had a poor strategy in that I did my squats in sets of fifty to get done with them earlier in the workout. Slowed me down on the rest of it I thought. If you don't mind, how did you break your workout up? I'll try and continue to contribute to this thread. It's good motivation and competition for me, as I workout by myself 95% of the time.
I broke it down initially by doing the following:

5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
25 Squats

After I got through about five sets, I would change it up for 5 sets and vary between two exercises (i.e PU/SQ) and rest the other muscle group.

It sucked.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

I split my sets up into:

5 pull ups

25 push ups

50 squats

With a time of 35:13. The pull-ups were by far the hardest to complete. My lats are smoked. I failed to predict I would just be doing pull-ups the last ten minutes. I must try again using a different strategy.
Thank you for the challenge.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tenn-RGR wrote:So are we doing your workout then posting results or are we posting up our daily workouts and our results?
You are doing my workout and then posting up your results.

It'll turn into an every other day thing right now, as I am working on my cardio also.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Ranger Bill wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:If you're reading this thread and dont pony up to the PT challenge, then you're a pussy. DO PT!!!
Great Job Nomad.
I congratulate you guys who want to do the 100, 200, 300 thing. It's an admirable endurance workout. Personally, I'd rather see pullups in a range of 10 to 12 with 40 lbs. starpped on, sets of incline bench presses in the 225 plus range, crunches on a roman chair with 50 lbs and squat sets with double body wieght added. And then throw in some glute-ham raises while you're at it. Then talk about being a pussy. In my old joints, I've only got X number of joint movements left in me and I want to make the most out of them.
Ranger Bill,

There's a group of thought that the bodyweight exercises like this are a lot better for your body then traditional weights. Maybe start slow and give it a shot.

I wanted to do this, but I don't have a pull up bar. So instead I did 60 kettelbell swings followed by 20 kettelbell one armed snatches, with like 1 second rest between sets of 10-15.

My quads were smoked and I was out of breath and yet I got a decent workout in just a couple of minutes.

Give it a shot sometime, you might be surprised.

Jim
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

For today's workout, you will probably have to substitute some things and I welcome other Ranger's suggestions here. Like Badmuther doing KB swings because he didn't have a PU bar near by, there will sometimes be stuff we need to adjust if you're into this.

Today you will need a 16-36kg Kettle Bell, a medicine ball, a sledge hammer and tire (I know this may be hard for most to find) and a stick/broom/barbell will suffice.

The entire workout will consist of six stations, which you will do in restless rounds of 3, 2 and then 1.

1 round will consist of the following exercises, for two minutes each.

a)Walking lunges for 25 yards, sprint back. (Knee should almost touch the ground) CLICK ME

b) Overhead press body weight squats (no weight on the bar) CLICK ME

c) Kettle Bell swings. (Pick a KB that you can manage without throwing your back out. The exercise should be explosive using very little back and mostly legs to project weight upwards.) CLICK ME

d)Medicine ball throws. Throw the medicine ball about ten feet high against a wall, catch it and squat. Repeat cycle.

e)Body weight squats

f)Hitting the tire with a hammer (heavy bag would be a good substitute for this)

So in order to complete this workout, you will have to do exercise "a" through "f", for two minutes each, without rest.

This WO will be broken down into three sets:

3 rounds, 90 sec rest (drink water), 2 rounds, 90 sec rest, 1 round. Done.

Actual WO time is 36 minutes, with an additional 3 minutes of rest. You should be putting all you have into this and feeling nice and smoked by the time you are done.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today's workout consists of running and KB swings.

You will need a KB that weighs about one quarter of your total body weight.

Run 1 mile.

Followed by 5 sets of:

25 KB swings followed by line runs. (Run to and back) 25/50/75 yds. Do that in sequence five times, then....

Run 1 mile.

My time was 33:42 minutes. And I got pretty hammered last night. Don't do it in the 100 degree heat. Make sure you have water accessible throughout the workout session. I drank a liter of water.

Let's see some DEP's participate in these workouts. It'll make you faster and stronger - both of which you will want before you get to RIP.

Have fun.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Here's today's workout:

8 Count Bodybuilder - 12 Reps

Push Ups - 25 Reps

Flutterkicks - 30 Reps (4 count)

Hello Dolly's - 30 Reps (4 count)

30 Second break, drink water

Squats - 30 Reps

Lunges - 20 Reps (4 count)

Push Ups - 25 Reps

Side Leg Squats - 30 Reps (4 Count)

Monkey fuckers - 10 Reps

60 Second break

Complete three rounds of this. Use good form. Do not cheat on your exercises. Complete all required repetitions in a timely manner, not to exceed 45 minutes.

Post em up.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
EDIT: 28:34, good workout. That last mile was fun. Gonna try it with body armor the next time.
Awesome time. I am still getting back in the groove with running, but I can see where the time gets shaved off.

How come only a SOF NCO is posting up his times? You DEP's too busy to smoke your tender bodies?
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Rangerguru wrote: You should have called me over, it would have brought back fond memories to count that shit out for you. :P
I don't want to see you fade the ink on your arms, girlfriend. :lol:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

PocketKings wrote:Yesterday

.93 mi swim: 29:03

24.8 mi bike: 1:06:43 (22 mph)

6.2 mi run: 48:22 (7:46 per mi)

2:28:06 total

I jump into the mix on this other stuff this week. My season is over and I need to get my upper body going again.
If I had a pool that was longer than 15 feet available, I'd be on this workout plan.

Your run alone would smoke my bags though.... :wink:
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Today's workout took me 40:13. The side leg squats and bodybuilders smoked my thighs.

I cannot believe it took me that long; it just goes to show that you can never be too fit.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

inter06 wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Today's workout took me 40:13. The side leg squats and bodybuilders smoked my thighs.

I cannot believe it took me that long; it just goes to show that you can never be too fit.
Good job. Don't worry about speed as much on this type of circuit as you need to focus more on good form to get get as much out of it.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Nomad wrote:Here's today's workout:

8 Count Bodybuilder - 12 Reps

Push Ups - 25 Reps

Flutterkicks - 30 Reps (4 count)

Hello Dolly's - 30 Reps (4 count)

30 Second break, drink water

Squats - 30 Reps

Lunges - 20 Reps (4 count)

Push Ups - 25 Reps

Side Leg Squats - 30 Reps (4 Count)

Monkey fuckers - 10 Reps

60 Second break

Complete three rounds of this. Use good form. Do not cheat on your exercises. Complete all required repetitions in a timely manner, not to exceed 45 minutes.

Post em up.
42:15 The lunges killed me.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen

Return to “About Army Physical Training”