The Workout Thread

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
naweir
Future Soldier

Re: The Workout Thread

Post by naweir »

I have been reading on this thread for awhile and thought I would post here also. Firstly glad to see some fellow wanna-be Rangers with like minds and goals.

My recent ruck march was only four miles with 45 lbs (I will be reverting back to 35 lbs as told to do by Ranger Jim). Time was 11-12 minutes per mile. It was a strict road march with no elevation difficulty. I completed it in boots with a large frame alice pack.

Chaser is the APFT improvement as outlined by Ranger Silverback. My starting numbers for PUs = 22, and SUs = 29 per set.

I will attempt to post regularly with further workouts and maybe we can all push each other here.
12B

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
naweir
Future Soldier

Post by naweir »

Crosstraining Workout:

12 min AMRAP

1 - Lunge Complex
2 - bar facing burpees

Every round after the first increase Lunges by +1, an burpees by +2. Score is the total number of reps. RX is 115# barbell.
12B

naweir
Future Soldier

Post by naweir »

naweir wrote:Crosstraining Workout:

12 min AMRAP

1 - Lunge Complex
2 - bar facing burpees

Every round after the first increase Lunges by +1, an burpees by +2. Score is the total number of reps. RX is 115# barbell.
correction *AND burpees by +2*

Lunge Complex = one front squat + one right leg lunge + one left leg lunge keeping the weighted bar in the front rack position.

Bar Facing Burpee = face the bar, complete the burpee, then jump over the bar. This is one rep.
12B

Firebird5
Egg

Post by Firebird5 »

Hello Rangers and those training to be Rangers. I'm in my AIT training right now and recently submitted a ranger packet. Currently, this is where I'm at:
Pushups: 65
Situps: 84
Pull-ups: 7
2 mile: 12:33
5 mile: 35:30
Don't have a March yet, the only ones I've done were in basic and I felt like they were pretty slow. Will get one done on my own time over the weekend.
Also, I'm a really lean endurance build and I've heard people lose a lot of weight during RASP. Any advice on gaining some pounds without negatively affecting pt score?
Fr88tz
Future Soldier

Post by Fr88tz »

Hello Rangers, and also hello to everyone else on this group. I Just did a self assessment of my current apft, and where I am currently at.

Push ups: 80

Sit ups: 85

2 mile run: 13:56

Pull ups: 15 dead hangs straight

The only thing stopping me is my run time. I have 2 months left and some change before I ship, and will be working hard on my run. As far as push ups, sit ups, and pull ups I feel like I am fine, although there is always room to be better. This week I will be deactivating my gym account..dropping the weights for the last two months..and just doing my best to try to reduce my running time. Just wanted to post a little update of where I am currently at in my progress. Thank you in advance for any tips, advice, and motivation, from everyone in this group.
11X

Rollight
Egg

Post by Rollight »

Hello Rangers and others. I just starter training recently for RASP as I am thinking of joining the regiment after University. Here is my info
Weight: 143lb
Height: 5’8

Self administered test

Push-ups: 40 (2:00 mins)
Sit-ups: 50 (2:00 mins)
2mr: 18:49 mins
5mr: 55 minutes
Pull-ups: (unable to test as local park blocked work-out are due to COVID)
Fail

I will do the 2 miles separate from the 5 miles as I use my 2 mile time from my 5 mile run. Need to get back in shape as COVID has destroyed my stamina.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”