War Related Illness and Injury Study Center

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

If you were overseas and think you may have been exposed to some evil stuff, burn pits, agent orange, or whatever and are now having weird symptoms these folks may be able to help. I emailed them about some shit that I was exposed to in Ramadi and the woman below called me and talked to me for 90 minutes about my situation. I don't think I have anything more than just wear and tear issues, but she explained to me the purpose of the Gulf War Registry too. I thought the Registry was just a one time thing to get my name on a mailing list in case they discovered some evil shit down the road, but it's more than that, if your health declines and you go back and they record the change, then they can track it and see if it is something common among other veterans of that area.

Anyway, another resource if you want to follow up. I just happened upon their website by accident and emailed them just to see what would happen. They seem to genuinely care.

Email Response-

It was a pleasure to speak with you. As we discussed, attached is the website for our National Referral Program.

http://www.warrelatedillness.va.gov/dc/ ... terans.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our coordinator here is Brenda Jasper, and she can be reached at (202) 745-8000 ext 6234 if you are interested in this program. Her email is Brenda.jasper@va.gov.
I also am attaching a copy of the fact sheet which we discussed.
Thank you for your military service. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Michelle Kennedy Prisco, MSN, ANP-C
Nurse Practitioner
Washington D.C. VA Medical Center
Room GD215a
50 Irving Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20422
Telephone: (202) 745-8000 ext 6235
Toll-Free (800) 722-8340
Pager: (202) 516-3699
Fax: (202) 518-4666
Email: michelle.prisco@va.gov
http://www.warrelatedillness.va.gov/dc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “Post Service Issues”