Airborne hold

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
elgecko
Ranger

Airborne hold

Post by elgecko »

Hello Rangers, Soldiers, and everyone else. I an waiting to begin AIT and I'm hearing some disturbing things about starting BAT. One Soldier I just spoke to said she is on holdover until December for her spot. My research has confirmed that there is typically a 2-3 week hold but I've heard from several people that it will now be several months instead (around 5-6). I haven't been able to reach the Ranger recruiter (I've called but the voicemail is full and won't take messages) to see whether the option 40 in my contract changes things for me. I'm posting this to see if anyone here is aware of the delay being so long now and (hopefully) how to avoid it. If I have to wait, then fine. I just need to plan with my wife if I won't be starting RASP until next year. Is it possible the budget cuts have really made so much difference that BAT takes half a year to get into? Is it just because I'm a 92G?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Airborne hold

Post by Baseplate »

One of the most fun games you can play while you are in the army is to see who can start the most rediclous rumor that people will believe. Even better is when someone tells you the rumor that you started. A fact of life that you should have already accepted is that you enlisted for so many years you might as well get used to things not going according to your plans for that period of time. If you want to be a Ranger you will wait how ever long it takes. If you can't handle a little uncertanty about your future then you should just go ahead and start lying to yourself and quit. That way if you ever get the chance you can say "I was going to be a Ranger but.. blah blah blah" and then whichever Ranger you say that to can laugh at you behind your back or to your face if he is in the right mood.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Over the course of a military career, I have learned to be flexible, Semper Gumby!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

Ranger baseplate, of course you are right and your comments have put my perspective back in place. Although I have never wavered from my goal of being a Ranger, I need to be more patient and adaptive. I have waited 10 years for this opportunity so another few months won't mean much.

Roger Ranger Jim, I will be more Gumby-esque in the future. Being just a few months removed from civilian life I can tell I still have some military-life adjusting to do.

Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

elgecko wrote:Ranger baseplate, of course you are right and your comments have put my perspective back in place. Although I have never wavered from my goal of being a Ranger, I need to be more patient and adaptive. I have waited 10 years for this opportunity so another few months won't mean much.

Roger Ranger Jim, I will be more Gumby-esque in the future. Being just a few months removed from civilian life I can tell I still have some military-life adjusting to do.

As have we all! Never, never quit!

Return to “About Airborne School”