SITREP - John

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
jth456

SITREP - John

Post by jth456 »

Rangers,

I have successfully completed ground week of Airborne School and will be starting tower week tomorrow. So far, Airborne School has been great. This past week we took the APFT bright and early on Tuesday morning. A good number of people failed which surprised me. They had a second chance the following day but the majority of them still failed so we lost at least 20 people right there. Mentees, make sure to do pushups with perfect form and perform them very slowly. You only need to do 42 good ones to pass. On that Tuesday, we practiced rigging the T-10 and T-11 and then spent the rest of the day jumping out of the mock doors. The following day was the good 34ft tower. I had a blast jumping out. We then lost two more soldiers that day because they refused to jump out, so the 1SG decided to drop them from the course. Mentees, when you do get to Airborne School and get to the tower and do freeze up, just overcome your fears. After the first jump, I guarantee you will want to go back again. On Thursday we spent the entire day practicing PLF's. First, on the ground and then we went to the zip lines. On Friday, we had a nice and short 3.2 mile company run. To my surprise, around 15 fell out (the majority were females but there was one male). They will have another chance to not fall out of the company run tomorrow. If not, then we might be loosing another 15. The rest of Friday we practiced how to properly utilize our canopy release assemblies while being dragged on the sled and we practiced packing the T-10 and T-11 in both a combat environment and a training jump environment. This concludes ground week. I've had a great time! When we are released, I always have to do some extra PT and running because we usually just run everywhere in Airborne School and it definitely isn't enough exercise. It also looks like after we graduate on the 14th, all of the Option 40 soldiers will move straight to pre-RASP which is right next to the DFAC over here. Almost every morning, I see all of the pre-RASP candidates doing ruck marches and runs. It really gets me pumped up. All I have to say is, I am damn ready for the challenge! Rangers, thank you so much for the inspiration that you have given me to push on and to hopefully one day earn a spot in the 75th Ranger Regiment!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - John

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP! BAC is only a step toward earning your place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Keep your head in the game stud.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Roger Ranger GoldCoast
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Also one thing I would like to add is, mentees, when you do arrive to Airborne School, you will be training with NCO's and CO's from all of the branches. While they may be students with you, you still have to show your courtesy to them because they are still superior to you. Not that it has been a problem with most of the junior enlisted personnel here, but I have see a few other privates get scuffed up for not standing at parade rest or at attention while addressing their superiors. Just another word of advice.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep jth456.

Soon you will be a Paratrooper. You are entitled to get another avatar (of your own choosing - of what you have already earned) - you may even choose one from tactical.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Roger Ranger Steadfast

Return to “About Airborne School”