are all rangers airborne?

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Seems like the 4th Plt in my class were all legs. The RI's had a field day with them. On graduation day I remember one of the RI's tell them "Go to Jump School".
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

legs

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

The Legs in our Ranger School Class had to air land in Operation Stiletto and get trucked in. How Tactical............
Get the wings Earthling.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Nugget
Ranger

Post by Nugget »

They have these things at the top of the posts called dates, you should get your bifocals out and check it out FOG. :lol: :lol:
A Co 1/75 1996-2000
Class 9-98

"I'm not the best medic, but I'm YOUR medic"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Nice Bump on a 4 year old thread!!! :lol: :lol:
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Nothing like a little "situational awareness" with your geritol :lol:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised no one fragged his ass for not posting an introduction... :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Re: are all rangers airborne?

Post by Ranger175csar »

hellohello wrote:are all rangers airborne?
Whenever we leave the ground
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

GSXRanger wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised no one fragged his ass for not posting an introduction... :wink:
I wasn't on the site then! :wink:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Have a nice day.
Last edited by soldiersdad on February 14th, 2008, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

soldiersdad wrote:Hi, Then all the Rangers here that have RS class in their signature line but have no Ranger Bn listed are really Ranger "Qualified" and not actual Rangers and to be an Airborne Ranger and not just Ranger Qualified you have to serve in Ranger Bn. Guess that is why even though a soldier graduates Ranger School and becomes Ranger Qualified you don't wear the Tan Beret unless serving in one of the 3 Ranger Bn's. The only way to be considered a Ranger and not have attended Ranger School would be to graduate RIP or ROP and be assigned to a Ranger Bn. Sort of confusing but really not i guess. There are two types of Rangers, Ranger Qualified and actual Ranger. Plus is it true that Ranger School is not even ran by Ranger Bn? Also if you are considered an actual Ranger and serve in Ranger Bn but are in support and not combat mos without a CIB then are you truley a Ranger? A person tells me they were or are a Ranger then just naturally I am goign to assume they have doen or do what I think of Rangers doing (Rangers Lead The Way) that kind of stuff. I know that there will probably be alot of disagreement with this post but probably only by Ranger Qualified soldiers. Having a son in Bn for over 3 years with 5 deployments (so far) when a soldier in the motorpool tells me he is a Ranger, I sort of think "oh yea"?
Interesting perspective you have there RangerDad.

You seem to be straddling the line in your response between asking questions and providing insight.

You might think long and hard before you start suggesting that any Ranger in Battalion, motorpool or not, isn't a "real" Ranger. We might give them shit for being a soft skill MOS, but then we earned that right. We also knew that we could count on them to support us when needed. There were many times we came in from the field at 0'dark:30 and were grateful to see that cook in his Black Beret serving us chow. They took just as much pride in their Scroll as I did, and rightfully so.

There were more than a few of those "fakes" that moved to the sound of the guns October 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia.

There are also more than a few "Ranger Qualified" studs on here that I'd be proud to charge the gates of hell with.

I appreciate you and your sons service. Don't tarnish that by making foolish posts of which you have no first hand experience.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Invictus wrote:
soldiersdad wrote:Hi, Then all the Rangers here that have RS class in their signature line but have no Ranger Bn listed are really Ranger "Qualified" and not actual Rangers and to be an Airborne Ranger and not just Ranger Qualified you have to serve in Ranger Bn. Guess that is why even though a soldier graduates Ranger School and becomes Ranger Qualified you don't wear the Tan Beret unless serving in one of the 3 Ranger Bn's. The only way to be considered a Ranger and not have attended Ranger School would be to graduate RIP or ROP and be assigned to a Ranger Bn. Sort of confusing but really not i guess. There are two types of Rangers, Ranger Qualified and actual Ranger. Plus is it true that Ranger School is not even ran by Ranger Bn? Also if you are considered an actual Ranger and serve in Ranger Bn but are in support and not combat mos without a CIB then are you truley a Ranger? A person tells me they were or are a Ranger then just naturally I am goign to assume they have doen or do what I think of Rangers doing (Rangers Lead The Way) that kind of stuff. I know that there will probably be alot of disagreement with this post but probably only by Ranger Qualified soldiers. Having a son in Bn for over 3 years with 5 deployments (so far) when a soldier in the motorpool tells me he is a Ranger, I sort of think "oh yea"?
Interesting perspective you have there RangerDad.

You seem to be straddling the line in your response between asking questions and providing insight.

You might think long and hard before you start suggesting that any Ranger in Battalion, motorpool or not, isn't a "real" Ranger. We might give them shit for being a soft skill MOS, but then we earned that right. We also knew that we could count on them to support us when needed. There were many times we came in from the field at 0'dark:30 and were grateful to see that cook in his Black Beret serving us chow. They took just as much pride in their Scroll as I did, and rightfully so.

There were more than a few of those "fakes" that moved to the sound of the guns October 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia.

There are also more than a few "Ranger Qualified" studs on here that I'd be proud to charge the gates of hell with.

I appreciate you and your sons service. Don't tarnish that by making foolish posts of which you have no first hand experience.
X2!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Invictus wrote: There were more than a few of those "fakes" that moved to the sound of the guns October 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia.

Indeed, the Ranger with the most "confirmed" kills on the Oct. 3 mission was a cook with a M249..

They always told us that until somebody got hurt we were just another shooter..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
F50LRRP
BANNED

Post by F50LRRP »

There are also many, many Rangers who served in Korea and Vietnam in Airborne/Ranger Companies, LRP/LRRP Companies and Separate Ranger companies long before Ranger Bns and the Ranger Regiment were formed. Most of them didn't attend Ranger School and many of them weren't Airborne qualified, but try to tell them that they aren't Rangers!

RLTW,
Mike
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Have a nice day.
Last edited by soldiersdad on February 14th, 2008, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Dad re-check your pm.

A Nam vet can check our chins once in a while here. Have yourself a drink or two.

Fuckin' relax.

Shit, you should be contracting with fucking BlackWater with those people skills...
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “About Airborne School”