Got a date

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
panther14
US Army

Got a date

Post by panther14 »

Rangers,

Finally got unit funding and a date for Airborne. Fly out on the 3rd, and report the 4th. Other than the standard stuff (pt etc), anything I should be doing this week to prepare, anything not on the packing list that would be good to have? Thanks for you time.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Got a date

Post by hit_it »

The barracks is quite boring dude, so take your POV if you can. Anything other than that can be improvised as long as you follow the current packing list for TDY Soldiers.

I got People going to your class so I may come down and jump with you all at then end. Not sure yet.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
panther14
US Army

Post by panther14 »

Roger that MSG, right now the schools NCO here, has given my NCO and I a rental car, so at least he and I will have some way of getting around.
panther14
US Army

Post by panther14 »

Rangers,

Quick sitrep,

Arrived in Benning on thursday, inprocessed into Airborne on friday. We start class on monday, the only snag Ive hit so far is my duffel bag with all my uniforms and everything else being lost by Delta, hoping it shows up this weekend.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

i hate airlines.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Is it true you can't drink at Jump School anymore?
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

Elguapo wrote:Is it true you can't drink at Jump School anymore?

well at least not on the 34 and 250 foot tower at 0100 hours. Wow, those were the good old days.........

Just sayin' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
panther14
US Army

Post by panther14 »

Elguapo wrote:Is it true you can't drink at Jump School anymore?
Ranger Eluguapo, as far as I can tell its based on the company, Im in Charlie, and here theres a no drinking policy.

As far as a sitrep goes so far.
I passed the pt test on monday, it was probably one of the easiest Ive taken in the Army, I dont get how so many people fail out because of it. Did the 34ft tower on tuesday, and today was practicing PLFs all day. Looking forward to finally getting to jump in a couple of weeks
Furious George
Ranger

Post by Furious George »

What's next? Gig Pit replaced with "Hug Pit"?..."Tell me more about that, Airborne, how does that make you feel?" :roll:
A Co. 2/504 ('86-'87)
Recon Plt. 2/504 ('88-'90)
Operation Just Cause

RS 14-88
panther14
US Army

Post by panther14 »

Rangers,

Quick sitrep,

Finished up the last of the graded events today, with the mass exit from the 34ft mock tower (hollywood, and with the hydration backpack and weapons case) and just have classes the rest of the week. I think the most suprising thing for me so far, is how much the blackhats have "let up" as far as discipline goes starting tower week. We really dont run everywhere anymore to the different training sections, mostly its just route stepping in formation. They told us the schedule plotted out for jump week, and if everything goes well then we'll be done jumping late Wednesday. Im pretty excited to finally jump after all the training, and will post a final sitrep after the last jump
panther14
US Army

Post by panther14 »

Rangers,

Finished jumping today, and we've got graduation tomorrow at 1100. Jumping was pretty cool, I think my favorite jump is the one we did with "combat equipment" even though all it is, is a rifle case and an assault pack. Had my air stolen a couple of times, but other than that no issues, and as far as I know, the only injuries we had was an nco, that did something to his ankle on the last jump, and a couple of butterbars that broke their noses with their risers when they landed.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP (Best part is that as of 1100 tomorrow you are no longer a Leg).
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
JPHawk

Got a date

Post by JPHawk »

panther,

Congrats on finishing BAC. You must've been one of the many jumpers I witnessed this morning from my back porch at Uchee Creek here at Benning. (I'm here for my brother's OCS graduation)

I have to say it was quite an impressive site seeing the c130's fly overhead and release you guys from the airplane. There sure were a lot of you!

Once again, congrats and have a good one.

Rangers, if I'm out of my lane I'll push out 50.

Return to “About Airborne School”