Airborne Sitrep

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
drawpstar
US Army

Airborne Sitrep

Post by drawpstar »

It has been a long while since my last sitrep and I am currently in airborne eagerly awaiting my first jump on Monday. I have been enjoying my time at Benning and continue to anticipate the opportunity of RASP. My pt scores degraded during my time at AIT so after my last pt test I got into high gear working on pt on my free nights. My latest score was 266 with 83 sit ups, 55 push ups and a 14:02 2 mile. I have been working hard on improving my lowest score push ups and doing what I can for my legs, though we weren't allowed to go out and run in AIT. I graduated the 3rd as honor graduate for my 92a course and am now a member of the Quartermaster Corps. We had seven 92a soldiers come to airborne school here, three quit outright and one got medical dropped. The three of us that remain are all well acquainted and highly motivated for the difficulties that await us. Well that's it for me just wanted to leave an update, all that's left is to successfully fall from an airplane and I'm headed down the road to the Ranger compound.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Airborne Sitrep

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulation on completing AIT.

Get your self a appropiate avatar, try tactical or one of your own choosing. I've upgraded your rank to US Army.

A few more weeks & you'll be done with Airborne, carry on, drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

55 push ups...

Bro...I hope you are cranking out push ups every second you get. Not to knock the quartermaster corps, but I think you may find that the 55 push ups that were counted by the AIT supply NCO will not quite match up with a salty SSG 11B at RASP. Not trying to dishearten you...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Goon speaketh the truth. Work harder, much harder. You still have time.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
drawpstar
US Army

Post by drawpstar »

Tracking Ranger goons175 and Ranger K.Ingraham, beating my face now.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Another blinding flash of the obvious: never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

I'm currently at airborne hold now, and I have to agree, the PT SUCKS...there is none. we do what we can around here to get some in at night but the gym is off limits now and we cant run anyhwhere. Ive been here a week and next week I ship to airborne. It's been a hell of a journey so far. Throughout OSUT I was able to lose about 40lbs, and bring my pt up to about 290. I was 5ft 10in 215lbs now im about 175lbs. and my pt is 1254run 70pushups 81 situps. howvever all this time without pt is killing me. And of course the pizza that is everywhere in here! But i'm excited for airborne, and the opportunity to be able to PT and hit the gym on my nights and weekends. Then Pre RASP and RASP! I believe the next RASP class is scheduled for august 15 or so. Nevertheless, I'm pumped and cant wait to run through the grinder!
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
3rd Batt. 75th Ranger Regt.
HHC
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

Roger....Tracking.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
3rd Batt. 75th Ranger Regt.
HHC
Mich3/75
Ranger

Post by Mich3/75 »

If you would like krazy33 you can now choose a tactical avatar or one of your choice.
Drive on and keep your feet and knees together.

Off topic there was a training death at Ft. Bragg during a night combat jump this weekend.

Fixed
C co. 3/75 2011-current

Return to “About Airborne School”