OSUT Airborne Slot

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
JonVest
Embryo

OSUT Airborne Slot

Post by JonVest »

I enlisted as 11X and did not get airborne. When I was going through MEPS my career counsler that wrote up my contract told me no airborne slots were available but I could go ahead and get the Airborne Physical so when I get to OSUT I will be more likely to recieve a slot. I have taken the Airborne Physical and wanted to know if there is any truth to this or was like usual the MEPS man lying.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: OSUT Airborne Slot

Post by K.Ingraham »

Based on what I've read around here, you probably boned yourself by being in a rush. Hopefully, you'll like Ft Drum.

Read the option 40/RASP threads, the same process probably applies - do the very best you can and max that PT & maybe "they" will let you have a shot at airborne.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
JonVest
Embryo

Post by JonVest »

Thanks for the response Ranger Ingraham. Why would I go to Ft. Drum? I know I wont be able to get a option 40 because my GT Score is only a 100.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

JonVest wrote:Thanks for the response Ranger Ingraham. Why would I go to Ft. Drum? I know I wont be able to get a option 40 because my GT Score is only a 100.
You might not. You might get sent to Ft Hood or Korea
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

That was a bit of sarcasm. Since you have a slim chance of getting jump school without the option4 in your contract, you're most likely going to the "Big Army", which means being stationed in places like Ft Drum.
Read some of the RASP threads anyway, the process for earning a RASP slot in AIT/OSUT will likely work for getting a jump school slot.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
JonVest
Embryo

Post by JonVest »

Thanks Rangers, that would be the fucking worst being stuck in New York or any of those fucking liberal states up that way.
JonVest
Embryo

Post by JonVest »

I apologize Rangers if I offended any of you. I respect all the troops especially Infantry and other similar combat MOS's no matter what Fort or Camp they are stationed at. I know NYC is very liberal and it shouldnt reflect New York state as a whole but there is no questioning that the state is liberal along with most northeast states (just look at election history). Ranger ZoneIV, no disrespect intended, but how can I be ignorant by pointing out the obvious? Also I can tell you I would rather be stationed in New York than California.

No jackass or cocky of a remark intended Ranger Richard Cranium but I am not technically ever going to be a PVT. since I am enlisting as a PFC, but PVT. is still in the title so I will give you that.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

JonVest wrote:No jackass or cocky of a remark intended Ranger Richard Cranium but I am not technically ever going to be a PVT. since I am enlisting as a PFC, but PVT. is still in the title so I will give you that.
I can't wait to hear about you tying to pull some rank on an e-1 or e-2 and he punches your lights out
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

JonVest wrote:I apologize Rangers if I offended any of you. I respect all the troops especially Infantry and other similar combat MOS's no matter what Fort or Camp they are stationed at. I know NYC is very liberal and it shouldnt reflect New York state as a whole but there is no questioning that the state is liberal along with most northeast states (just look at election history). Ranger ZoneIV, no disrespect intended, but how can I be ignorant by pointing out the obvious? Also I can tell you I would rather be stationed in New York than California.

No jackass or cocky of a remark intended Ranger Richard Cranium but I am not technically ever going to be a PVT. since I am enlisting as a PFC, but PVT. is still in the title so I will give you that.

Just keep that attitude son and you will wear the title PVT after the first of your many Article 15s......

Just sayin'
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)

Return to “About Airborne School”