NEED ADVICE/HELP

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
BLH
Paratrooper

NEED ADVICE/HELP

Post by BLH »

I didn't really know the best place to post this, but it some what involves recon with RSTA & INF. Anyway Im in the middle of a different situation with the GA NG and I don't know the best way to handle it, so anyones advice would be greatly appreciated.

Situation:
-For the past 2.5 months I have been trying to get transfered over to the 108th RSTA or the 121st INF to deploy with the 48th as a line medic. I have a number of other 68W's from other states that signed up through GKO and were easily placed in these units and are at Camp Shelby training as we speak. **This morning my readiness NCO (214th FA) called me to tell me that my transfer had not gone through because the 78th Troop Command had called up all of our medics to leave with the 248th Medical Co. He said that I needed to be ready to leave tomorrow for Camp Oglethorpe.

-Does anyone have any advice of who I should speak to or what I could do to still manage a transfer over to the 48th... 121st INF (I have some connections from this unit working to try and get me transfered over) or the 108th but they have already left (I would still be interested in joining them if I could). I just don't know what to do as I was volunteering to leave with the 48th long before the 78th Troop Command said that they needed medics for their support unit.

-I in no way mean any sort of disrespect, but I cannot deploy to sit in a hospital all day... I want/need to be out with the INF. It's what I have trained for and what I am geared for.

Any advice/info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

BLH
68W1P
Airborne Medic
Caruthers
Ranger

Re: NEED ADVICE/HELP

Post by Caruthers »

Complete the mission given.............do an exemplary job, never stop shooting for your ultimate goal. Time and effort, time and effort.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
panthersix
Ranger

Re: NEED ADVICE/HELP

Post by panthersix »

If your so hard corps, why don't you branch transfer to the Navy and be a Marine Corpsman? I mean really....I was with a NAVRES Corpsman in Ramadi and he'd been there a year and a half. The NAVRES had forgotten him there and he was fine with it, now that's hard corps baby!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “Reconnaissance”