LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
Phantom
Ranger

Post by Phantom »

525 BfSB was stood up at the beginning of the fiscal year, October 06.
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

Phantom wrote:525 BfSB was stood up at the beginning of the fiscal year, October 06.
well was the LRS added at that time, my time line says it will be Sept 6th of
this year. Just asking! and if that info is wrong is Hood stood up, then Us then Lewis then our Brothers in the other part of Texas?
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
Phantom
Ranger

Post by Phantom »

Yes, F/51st is a part of 525 unfortunately. Implementation of the new MTOE is coming along very slowly. 88M's are starting to show up as well as 13F's. Hood's LRSC is being stood up as we speak. That timeline is probably when both Detachments of the LRSC are to be stood up at Bragg with all elements of it up and running. Not 100% sure on the timeline specifics though.
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

Got it Thanks.
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
Rangeratlarge
Ranger

Post by Rangeratlarge »

Phantom wrote:Here's my take on this whole BfSB and LRS thing and it's probably going to be the only thing that I say about it.
I've been at F CO for over 3 years now and have served at every position from SO to TL. Did we do LRS missions in Iraq? Yes, absolutely and at the strategic level. I was all over that goddamn country. That's all we did. Will the Guard be doing the same missions? Not unless they have some very good teams. I was in a Guard LRSD for 6 months before I came AD and from what I saw they need a whole lot of training before they begin to execute real world missions.
Will the new MTOE and the new BfSB structure mean the same type of missions and even missions going after Tier 1 HVT's? Absolutely not and I will tell you why it will never be. It's because LRS is stuck in the Regular Army. That's why LRS will never be the way that people envision it to be. I don't care how many cool guy schools you have on your ERB, or how many HALO or water train-ups you conduct. Three different times HALO insertions were the primary and really the only means of insertion on a few missions during deployment and as the OPORDER made its way up to Corps it was shot down quicker than you could imagine. Why? Because no Corps or Division commander is going to trust SPC Snuffy to insert via MFF when you have units like CAG or RRD who could do the exact same thing without a hiccup. Same with Scout Swimmer or SCUBA insertions. I experienced all the excitement about the new MTOE and how LRS is going to be used in the future and I was as just as convinced then as I am now that it's not going to happen.

Furthermore FM 7-93 is shit. I've never used it and I don't expect the newer one to be any better than the piece of garbage in print today. There is such a huge disconnect between the Army and LRS today that that is the primary reason why no one even knows what the hell LRS does. RSLC's POI isn't even current with what we do today which is why we hardly send anyone there anymore. The only way LRS will be used to its full capabilities is if it falls under SOCOM and that's never going to happen. It's completely capable of those missions but when all you have is a Captain in a room full of full birds you're never going to sell yourself. I don't care how good you are. F/51st is a goddamn outstanding unit but it's operating against the constraints of the Regular Army with both hands tied behind its back. LRS would have a lot more freedom and pull if it were put back under G-2 at the Corps level, instead of under the microscope in an MI Brigade. Its been the same song and dance for as long as I've been there, which explains the mass exodus of NCO's out of F CO, including myself.

I wish I could say I see some hope for LRS in the future but I expect things to remain as stagnant as they've been. Because if Corps LRS ain't doing it, then no other LRSU will be doing it either.

Just my 2 cents.
Phantom is dead on target!!!!

I was LRS TL and 1SG in the 10th MTN.

Executed real world LRS missions in somalia as TL in early 93 during my first deployment to that SH*T hole, and deployed the detachment to Kosovo as 1SG in 2001.

We were never used properly. For many reasons. Mainly the "O's" did not know what to do with us. The higher ups never encounter LRS for real until they have to put their ass on the line and OK the mission. By then it is too late. They have no clue, therefore no trust in your teams.

In 10th MTN it was a constant struggle to recruit quality guys from the line Brigades because no one wanted to give up the RGR qualed guys you needed as team leader and the Jr enlisted that were really hot shit were not allowed to step forward to try out.

Then you have to work for a bunch of MI pu**ies!!! Those f*ckers c*ck blocked us at every chance they got!!!!!!!!!!!

LRS=Great concept....never used, or will be used correctly, or to full potential!!!!!

Wellfed can join in this conversation. He was 1SG just after I was and took the boys to OEF.

Sorry for the late post...just ran across the thread
Class 8-89
1/75 (x2)
3/75
4th RTB
10th LRSD (x2)
LRS Guy
Ranger

Post by LRS Guy »

There is someone at www.armyparatooper.org who just arrived there. Can't remember his name. I think he is a young PFC who just got out of Abn School.

Might look in the LRRP/LRS forum over there.
RS 1-92
1-504 PIR 89-90
3-504 PIR 90-92
H. Co 121 INF (LRSC) 97-00
134th INF (LRSD)01-02
Back to living the LRS Life in the 143rd LRSD!

Confirmed "Cynical, Sarcastic, Bastard"
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

JLTW!!! wrote:Does anyone have any contacts with any in the Ft. Hood (III Corp) LRSC??? From what I understand, they are being stood up already, although I am not sure if this is good info or not. If it doen't have a track or a fat tanker sitting in it, people at Ft. Hood could care less....which is just my way of saying that no one at Hood has a clue when I ask them.
What do you need to know?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Phantom wrote:Here's my take on this whole BfSB and LRS thing and it's probably going to be the only thing that I say about it.
I've been at F CO for over 3 years now and have served at every position from SO to TL. Did we do LRS missions in Iraq? Yes, absolutely and at the strategic level. I was all over that goddamn country. That's all we did. Will the Guard be doing the same missions? Not unless they have some very good teams. I was in a Guard LRSD for 6 months before I came AD and from what I saw they need a whole lot of training before they begin to execute real world missions.
Will the new MTOE and the new BfSB structure mean the same type of missions and even missions going after Tier 1 HVT's? Absolutely not and I will tell you why it will never be. It's because LRS is stuck in the Regular Army. That's why LRS will never be the way that people envision it to be. I don't care how many cool guy schools you have on your ERB, or how many HALO or water train-ups you conduct. Three different times HALO insertions were the primary and really the only means of insertion on a few missions during deployment and as the OPORDER made its way up to Corps it was shot down quicker than you could imagine. Why? Because no Corps or Division commander is going to trust SPC Snuffy to insert via MFF when you have units like CAG or RRD who could do the exact same thing without a hiccup. Same with Scout Swimmer or SCUBA insertions. I experienced all the excitement about the new MTOE and how LRS is going to be used in the future and I was as just as convinced then as I am now that it's not going to happen.

Furthermore FM 7-93 is shit. I've never used it and I don't expect the newer one to be any better than the piece of garbage in print today. There is such a huge disconnect between the Army and LRS today that that is the primary reason why no one even knows what the hell LRS does. RSLC's POI isn't even current with what we do today which is why we hardly send anyone there anymore. The only way LRS will be used to its full capabilities is if it falls under SOCOM and that's never going to happen. It's completely capable of those missions but when all you have is a Captain in a room full of full birds you're never going to sell yourself. I don't care how good you are. F/51st is a goddamn outstanding unit but it's operating against the constraints of the Regular Army with both hands tied behind its back. LRS would have a lot more freedom and pull if it were put back under G-2 at the Corps level, instead of under the microscope in an MI Brigade. Its been the same song and dance for as long as I've been there, which explains the mass exodus of NCO's out of F CO, including myself.

I wish I could say I see some hope for LRS in the future but I expect things to remain as stagnant as they've been. Because if Corps LRS ain't doing it, then no other LRSU will be doing it either.

Just my 2 cents.

This is nothing new. It hasnt changed sense 96. Wes and I have had this discussion while we were in Fun 51.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Eyes

Post by Eyes »

Last edited by Eyes on October 12th, 2007, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

rgrpuck wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

This is nothing new. It hasnt changed sense 96. Wes and I have had this discussion while we were in Fun 51.
Weekly it seemed....
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Reconnaissance”