82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Re:

Post by Silverback »

boscounderfoot wrote:
edk84 wrote:Ranger,
I didn't realize I still had newt under my name. I am in the delayed entry program with an 11x contract. I am in a similar situation as some of the others on this board who could not obtain an option 40 because of a medical waiver.

I would like to be in the best unit that I can be in, and if I am not able to volunteer for the 75th Ranger Regiment, I would like to try to get to Ranger School from another unit. I was under the impression that getting into a LRSU would be a good way to go about this, and I was just wondering if there was certain way to request one of these units. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I appreciate the advice.

Thanks
Listen up hero, you're not going to walk in to a LRS detachment out of AIT. It aint gonna happen! My suggestion would be to get Airborne on your contract before you leave for Basic Training. If you were a total stud in Basic and AIT, you then request to be assigned to your unit's Scout Platoon. This will give you a foot in the door. Then you get your happy ass to Ranger School, get your EIB and do everything better than everyone else and then you go and request a meeting with the Division level LRS Unit. It's not easy to get a slot, and you will have to go through a tryout. But like anything else in life that sets you apart from the rest of the herd, you need to work your ass off to realize the goals you set.
He's probably a CSM by now...good catch!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
mountaingoat
Paratrooper

Re: LRSUs

Post by mountaingoat »

To confirm the Ft. Hood LRS Unit. I have helped stand up and have been a member of B TRP 38 CAV (LRS) (ABN) for the past 3 years. I was its 32nd member. I was on their very first deployment as well. Now that we aren't hurrying to make it to deployment, some more quality training can begin. But i won't be a part any longer as i am going to Ft. Bragg in Feb. -mgoat
11B
ABN Schl Jan 07
B Trp 38 CAV (LRS) (ABN) 2 May 07-- 10 Feb 2010
Iraq Aug 08-- Aug 09
82nd 10 Feb 2010--- ?
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Re:

Post by BadMuther »

boscounderfoot wrote:
edk84 wrote:Ranger,
I didn't realize I still had newt under my name. I am in the delayed entry program with an 11x contract. I am in a similar situation as some of the others on this board who could not obtain an option 40 because of a medical waiver.

I would like to be in the best unit that I can be in, and if I am not able to volunteer for the 75th Ranger Regiment, I would like to try to get to Ranger School from another unit. I was under the impression that getting into a LRSU would be a good way to go about this, and I was just wondering if there was certain way to request one of these units. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I appreciate the advice.

Thanks
Listen up hero, you're not going to walk in to a LRS detachment out of AIT. It aint gonna happen! My suggestion would be to get Airborne on your contract before you leave for Basic Training. If you were a total stud in Basic and AIT, you then request to be assigned to your unit's Scout Platoon. This will give you a foot in the door. Then you get your happy ass to Ranger School, get your EIB and do everything better than everyone else and then you go and request a meeting with the Division level LRS Unit. It's not easy to get a slot, and you will have to go through a tryout. But like anything else in life that sets you apart from the rest of the herd, you need to work your ass off to realize the goals you set.

Only 5 years late!! :lol:

Return to “Reconnaissance”