Introduction - Angelo

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Angelo

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, get into contact with Steven when you have a chance, you both have a relatively similar ship date. Iron sharpens iron.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Sending him a pm now Ranger BlueLiner, my apologies I didn't see your response till today
13F
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Ange, welcome to the site, glad to see you're taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge these Rangers are willing to share with you. One thing you haven't shared is your height and weight. What do you weigh? If you aren't tracking that, you might want to start. Also, give us an idea of your average daily PT routine. What are you doing, and for how long?
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Ranger boscounderfoot, to start I am 5'5 and 143 pounds. I track my weight twice a week, usually Wednesday and Sunday. As for my workout program, I use an amalgamation of workouts from Ranger Silverback, the Rangers at Cronusfit, and the official RASP prep guide. The day-to-day consists of either a 1 mile sprint or 2 mile run which alternate days. My workouts lean HEAVILY on bodyweight exercises; pushups, situps, squats, mountain climbers, wall sits, etc. My average session lasts about an hour to two hours, plus an hour and a half of track practice.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, how goes things?
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, after talking with some of you privately I decided to listen to my PT and take a couple weeks off my feet. I've been given a good recovery workout to supplement running that should strengthen my feet as well as my calves and quads. However, I am still keeping up with my usual workouts. Despite this minor setback I still feel confident and motivated. My recruiting station is having our APFT for promotion on the 31st and will update this thread when it is administered. Due to some family issues my ship date had to be pushed back a week, I have changed my sig line accordingly.
13F
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, today my station conducted our APFT for promotion.
Pu: 43
Su: 55
Run: 17:18
Pullups: 12
I don't even know what to say about these results other than I'm disappointed. All of my pushups, pullups, and sit ups were counted, I guess I just didn't have it today. Our run was on gravel, which is what I usually run on. The recruiters let me and the other Ranger-hopeful do pullups. No excuses, just gotta get better.
On the other hand, I recommended the site to a new Ranger-hopeful here. He is in pretty good shape, although he had a bad pt day as well.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, keep grinding away in your train up. Trust the process and keep going. 2 months is longer than you think!

Good to hear from you, give us a SITREP at the end of this month with an updated PT test.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Roger Ranger BlueLiner.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, it's the first of May. Any updates on your progress?
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Ranger BlueLiner, sorry for the delay. I thought it would be better to wait until I visited the doctor to post my SITREP.
Today I visited a local chiropractor regarding my feet. He realized almost immediately one of my lower lumbar, ankles, and my hips were completely misaligned and adjusted them. He said these could help with recovery time and advised to take it easy, no rucking or running past my comfort level till I ship. Furthermore, I was prescribed the wrong type of orthotic. The ones I had been using were not for athletic use in any capacity and worsened my feet. That being said, I still plan to ship May 31st and will give it all I can. Tomorrow I will receive a couple pairs of new orthotics designed for distance running that should last around 2 years.
My pt is as follows:
PU: 74
SU: 72
2 Mile: 13:15
Pull ups: 19
I plan to make the most of my last month despite the setbacks. Today I will start the 15 Day PFT program by Stew Smith to better my pt standing. My last week will be some light exercises to be at full strength by BCT. It is unreal how quick my date is arriving and I cannot wait to get started.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, wouldn't you believe it but your scores improved! Crazy how that works right? I guarantee you that when you show up to BCT you'll smoke 99% of the other dudes showing up there. Keep the motivation high and it will pay dividends.

Anyways, take the time you need to heal and adjust your workouts accordingly. Don't strain your body too hard to where you're putting joints out of place. In regards to your ship date, I remember how I anxious I was to leave and start the process. However, you have to enjoy the time you have now with family and friends because your world is about to change. Once you get to the hotel, open up a thread in the letters from school thread. Post an update before you leave, keep grinding away and you'll be fine. Stick with the eagles, don't hang around the downers. Also have fun with it, you're going to make friends with people you would have never have met.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Angelo, you're coming up on your ship date. How is it going ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Ranger IntelToad, it has been an eventful couple weeks to say the least. Feels weird being so close to shipping and knowing that my time screwing around in the woods with my buddies is over. That being said I wouldn't trade this opportunity for the world. PT wise, I've lowered intensity a bit to give my body some rest before getting after it BCT.
13F

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”