Introduction - Angelo

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ange
Embryo

Introduction - Angelo

Post by Ange »

Hi, I am currently a senior in high school living in West Virginia. I also work for a landscaping company after school and on weekends. I have been talking to a recruiter about getting an option 4 contract as a 13F or 68W. I am looking forward to finally joining this site and continuing to learn from your experiences, thank you.
13F
Ange
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Angelo

Post by Ange »

Update: Greetings rangers, in September I signed an option 4 contract as a 13f. I ship on May 21st. I will keep updating on the coming months.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Welcome to the site Ange. Highly advise you look into the letters from school thread to see what's on your horizon, as it will give you a rough idea of what your gonna see. And capitalize Ranger, do pushups.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

My apologies Ranger BlueLiner, thank you for the advice.
13F
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Welcome to the site Ange. Your ship date is going to be here before you know it. These last few months you need to be sure you are doing everything you can to prepare yourself. Best of luck on your journey, please keep us updated as you continue your progress.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Greetings Rangers, over the past month I have devoted nearly an hour everyday to reading the Letters From School forum, studying the Ranger Creed, and studying Ranger History. I realize that I neglected to post a diagnostic APFT. This morning I scored:

Pu: 60
Su: 65
Pull ups: 13
2-mile: 14:13

I understand these scores, the run and sit ups in particular, are unsatisfactory and will devote the next several months to preparing further. Additionally, I have found a Ranger prep program that I will start today.
13F
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thanks for the update Angelo,

You'll thank yourself in the future for taking the time to study Ranger History. Reading through the Letters From School part of the forum really helps to grasp the shortcoming of others who've gone before you. But it's also great to see the commonalities of those who've passed through and made it to the Ranger Regiment.

As for the APFT, the biggest room is the room for improvement. Keep on working on each event and you'll be surpassing the standard. One shortcoming to highlight on those who typically fail RASP is not that they can't get there, but they short themselves in Basic and AIT by not putting in the extra work each day. Showing up to RASP and barely meeting the standard is not where you want to be. Surpassing the standard and dominating the course is the ultimate goal.

Once again, thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Over the past week I've made some great progress. The workout plan has been challenging and in turn has been helping my sleep schedule quite a bit. Following Ranger LionsDen's example, I purchased a Ranger Handbook which I study in my free periods. Track season will be starting soon so I will be getting some extra running on top of the program. I apologize if this has been asked before but I was under the impression knowing your Airborne Ranger in the Sky was for when you were assigned a battalion; however several Letters From School have referenced candidates studying during Pre-RASP. Which is correct?
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, you can select one before you go, that's what I did. Saw your PT scores as well, they aren't stellar. The plus side is you have a few more months to start really dialing in and preparing for what awaits you, BCT. Always remember to keep your 5m target in front of you, don't worry about things so far down the road that it makes you over analyze. Your PT is a good example of this, it's within your left and right limits of BCT so it's a thing you should be very focused on. Biggest things that help me get a stupidly high amount situps/pushups is to do....... pushups and situps. If you're a lifter, throw in some pushup reps for a super set or knock out some situps if you're not doing a calisthenic focused day. There is a literal LIBRARY worth of information on this site that if utilized in the right way, will help YOU like it helped myself and Ranger Carpenter. Start getting into the mindset now that you're going to outwork and outperform everyone else around you, and I promise good things will follow. Keep us updated on your progress!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thanks for the update Angelo,
I apologize if this has been asked before but I was under the impression knowing your Airborne Ranger in the Sky was for when you were assigned a battalion; however several Letters From School have referenced candidates studying during Pre-RASP. Which is correct?
In Pre-RASP having an Airborne Ranger in the Sky is an inspectable item. You'll have to laminate a paper with their picture, and every ounce of information you have on them. As far as making the inspectable item you'll do all of that at Pre-RASP. But having one chosen out before you get to Pre-RASP is ideal.

In RASP you will have a class Airborne Ranger in the Sky which is chosen by the cadre. The information on the class Airborne Ranger in the Sky is given out within your first days of RASP. Same parameters as your Airborne Ranger in the Sky as in Pre-RASP, you just won't know who it is until you start your class. Also, just like in Pre-RASP you'll be expected to have all information on your Airborne Ranger in the Sky memorized.

Knowing your Airborne Ranger in the Sky for when you are assigned a battalion might have been a thing in the past, but the course is always evolving. Hopefully this answered your question.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, I appreciate your insight and will continue to work on my PT and focus on FST and BCT. The amount of information on this site is incredible and I will continue to use it to my advantage. I will further update you on my progress in the coming weeks.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Looking forward to it!

RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Rangers, I have conducted my second diagnostic APFT.

PU: 75
SU: 66
2 Mile: 13:22
Pull ups: 17

I am proud of my progress so far, but not content. My sit ups saw no improvement over the past few weeks and I will adjust my workouts accordingly. I've been giving extra care when practicing pushups to fully lock out then lower till my chest nearly touches the floor. I look forward to hearing your feedback.
13F
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Ange, your numbers are looking better than last time. Keep the drive you have, and you'll be amazed at how high those scores can get. Rome wasn't built in a day, be CONSISTENT!

Looking forward to your next update. RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Ange
Embryo

Post by Ange »

Roger, Ranger BlueLiner.
13F

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”