Introduction - Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rancher44
Egg

Introduction - Ryan

Post by Rancher44 »

Hello my name is Ryan. I am 30 years old and currently a paralegal at a law firm. I have two bachelor's degrees and have worked in the legal field for six years since leaving college. I am also an ex-collegiate athlete and have transformed the athletic skills I learned into a hobby. I am extremely physically fit and love exercising. I have come to the conclusion that my current field is not for me. The military has always appealed to me due to the significant purpose and the comradery which I absolutely crave. I love being challenged and pushing myself past limits which I thought I could never pass.

I am however concerned about enlisting due to my age and need for medical waivers. I was banged up in college football and boxing: I've had two surgeries on my shoulder. The second surgery fixed it and my shoulder can do anything and everything fine. BUT I know the medical records and visible scar will be big red flags at MEPS.

I also understand that I will not be able to obtain a ranger contract from my recruiter due to the need for a medical waiver. BUT I can branch detail and eventually try out.

I would love any feedback, opinions, or direction as this would be a dream come true if I could make this work. Please be harsh or truthful as that can only help me in the end.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and listen.

-Ryan

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”