Introduction - skdvoed

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

skdvoed
Egg

Introduction - skdvoed

Post by skdvoed »

Hello Rangers and all others,

I'm 34 years old and for the past 9 years I've been working in the Corrections field. I have always been very interested in the military, but I wasn't able to do it because I was extremely overweight, topping the scales at 315lbs at one point. I finally buckled down and lost over 115lbs through hard work, diet, exercise and a lot of support from my wife. I developed a love for fitness, especially endurance sports like distance running & rucking as well as Crossfit. I put in to join the department tactical team and made it on the team. That experience taught me a lot about my self and my limitations and ever since then I've been looking at getting into Army Special Operations. I very much strive to be part of an organization that has high expectations and demands of me. I've read dozens of books about Army Special Operations, specifically about Rangers and SF, which lead me to set my sights on Ranger Regiment specifically.

My primary reason for posting is to seek information and advice about trying to join the Ranger Regiment as an older enlistee. I know it has been done, such as Ranger Porter from the NatGeo documentary who went to RASP at 34 and Ranger Marx (Regiment promotional info) who went at 41. If there are any Rangers here who went to RASP in their 30s or 40s, I would love an opportunity to chat with you.

I did attempt to select a Newt avatar as the rules require, but it was not an option so I picked the Gerber Baby from the DEPs gallery, but I will happily change it however required.

Thank you,

skdvoed

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”