Introduction- Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ahab
Egg

Introduction- Ryan

Post by Ahab »

Greetings Rangers,

My name is Ryan, I am 24 years old and live out here in one of the commonwealths in the Caribbean. I hold a bachelor's in History of the Americas and have 4 semesters of russian language classes. Ever since I was a child I wanted to serve in the Regiment. Due to some difficulties with my mother's health, I was not able to enlist at 17 and chose to stay to help take care of my family. I did college in that time, but was not satisfied with the experience, I need to know if I have what it takes to be a ranger. My mother is in relative better health and I chose to enlist once I had finished my college degree.

I have been training for over a year to prepare for RASP and have memorized the Ranger Creed and studied all I can about ranger history. I already have a contract for 35M, sadly no matter how much I waited the MOS never got an Opt 40, so I opted to enlist and try to volunteer either in BCT or AIT for regiment. It's difficult to find people who have been Rangers here in my island, so I have been trying to find as much advice as I can. I thank all of you Rangers past and present for the help you have provided me with the information here.

My most recent PT scores are as follows:
Push ups in under 2 min: 78
Sit ups in under 2min: 99
Pull ups: 17
2 mile run: 13:00
5 mile run: 38:40
I have also been rucking for 6 months and ruck twice a week with 55lbs 12 miles, I do not run with the ruck or time it since reaching 50lbs. I'm not sure what my 12 mile time with 35lbs is, for that I am sorry.

Any advice you Rangers are willing to provide me before I ship in May 2021 would be greatly appreciated, especially for ways I can achieve a slot for RASP.
Ship date: 20210511
atl456
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Ryan

Post by atl456 »

Welcome to the site!
RASP class 01-19
SOCM class 05-19
Ranger School class 10-21
2/75
Ahab
Egg

Re: Introduction- Ryan

Post by Ahab »

Thank you for the welcome Ranger atl456.

Thank you for the information you have provided me wazzle, very appreciated.
Ship date: 20210511

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”