Introduction- Option 40

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Carpenter
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Option 40

Post by Carpenter »

Good improvement. Pre-RASP is the bottom of the totem pole, it wears on everyone differently. Your PT scores have improved but they still need work. Find a buddy and run a push-up and sit-up circuit under the Thunder Dome each night. I would do 50 reps of each for 4 sometimes 5 rounds each night. Whenever everyone else is released and fucking off it's good to know that you're still out there putting the work in. When your done do a chin-up ladder and dead hangs on the bar. With your chin-ups so close to standard be sure that you have proper form so that there is nothing for them to ding you on. Use this as constructive criticism because you don't want to go through and end up getting dropped on the make-up PT test. Always remember that the biggest room is the room for improvement.

You've got a pretty decent ruck time for the 6 miler. At this point I'm sure you've already come up with a strategy for beating the 15min/mile pace. I prefer using light poles by running 2 and walking 1. That with power walking the up hills and running the down hills worked well for me. Having a strategy that works for you is most important.

Keep working hard and always remember the ultimate goal. Good luck. RLTW!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”