Introduction-Green

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

RequiemG
Egg

Introduction-Green

Post by RequiemG »

Sooo don’t exactly know how to start this, or if there is like a formality I should have, but I’m just gonna go with my gut and if I get smoked then I know.
My name is Green, I’m 17 years old, and this is my story.
I actually don’t have a story that just sounded cool to say, anyway what I’m actually here for is advice, removing the bull shish from my mouth I’m enlisted on the delayed entry program as a HS senior if you couldn’t tell, and I’m going in as a 13F with, can you guess it? Option 40, ding ding ding you win, at life? Anyways I’ve been talking to my dad a lot(also a 13F vet) on how to prepare.
Now I know a decent amount, like it’s morely a battle of will then strength, and I’m told it’s about a 70/30 match up. Now I think I can get the will down, I don’t think I’m quite there yet, but I think I can build up to it, and if you have advice on that I will gladly accept it. The thing I struggle mostly on is my body. Now I know Basic will get me in shape but from all my research on RASP and the PT that is not enough and you need more before you ship. Now I’m about 145 ibs and 6ft, I’m a skinny guy I know, and I wanted to know what I should do, because a lot of sources conflict on this. A bunch tell me just follow the ranger workout plan and never touch a weight in your life while others tell me that weights really do matter and I wanted to ask some of y’all.
Honestly while I came here for PT advice I will listen to anything you got, as much as I like to think on my feet and improvise, this isn’t the place to do it, and for the endgame goal I have being as ambitious as it is I will take all the knowledge and wisdom you guys got, and I got tons of time to work out and listen to it, I don’t ship for 244 days.
Honestly don’t know if people use this, I was just told to go here and I want to cover all my bases. Y’all have a good one, and if I get to talk to anyone thank you for the time you take to respond, and thanks and apologies for having to read my essay.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”