Introduction - Stephen

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Templar
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Stephen

Post by Templar »

I also forgot to mention I have since finished my Eagle Scout project and was able to enlist as an E-3. I am now completing online Future Soldier assignments to learn the General Orders, land nav, first aid, etc. Pushing 25+1 for forgetting those details.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20210713
Templar
Embryo

Post by Templar »

Rangers,

Today I performed my first 5-mile run for time and finished in 37:21. Crazy to think that I can run 5 miles at a faster pace now than I could run 1 mile when I first made an account here.
It's finally starting to set in that my ship date is so close. My time left as a civilian is limited. I decided to make a schedule that I've been using to make the most of every day, and to quite literally ensure that no hour I have left is wasted. I have a list of tasks that I am working to complete before my ship date, which include school work, books to read, and organization of my personal belongings.
I am going to be at Fort Benning extremely soon. It feels odd. But I'm excited.
11X OPT 40
Jstein76
Embryo

Post by Jstein76 »

Hey Stephen ,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me your workout routine that had made you increase your pt scores as I’m also interested in joining the 75th Ranger Regiment but my pt scores are pretty bad.

Thansk
Templar
Embryo

Post by Templar »

Jstein76 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 1:13 pm Hey Stephen ,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me your workout routine that had made you increase your pt scores as I’m also interested in joining the 75th Ranger Regiment but my pt scores are pretty bad.

Thansk
I have to be honest, I haven’t been doing PT as much as I should but I’ve made pretty good improvements. As far as push-ups go, just do a lot of push-ups. You can work in different variations of push-ups as well. There is a pretty good push-up plan on this site. I never do sit-ups other than when testing myself because they’re bad for the back, but I did leg raises/flutter kicks/planks etc.
As far as running, I usually do two hard runs, two slow long runs, and two short slow runs per week. Hard runs include hill sprints, repeats, etc. You can look up a good running plan online. One important thing though is don’t go all out on every run. Slow, easier runs are important for endurance. On the hard runs go hard, but on the slow runs you are focusing on endurance, you can take your time.

I am not a Ranger so I’m not sure I’m qualified to give advice here but that is what I did to improve, Rangers go ahead and critique anything I said.
11X OPT 40
Templar
Embryo

Post by Templar »

Rangers, I am shipping out very soon. As I said in my last post, I haven’t been doing PT as much as I should have these last few weeks. After school ends it’s easy to lose sight of things and make excuses to “relax.” A mistake on my part. I have made a lot of progress over the last year though. I will give it my all in OSUT and so long as I have a bit of time here and there I will be doing my push-ups every day during reception.
Rangers, I have benefited a lot from this forum, namely the Letters from School and the long reads under Mentorship. These have given me a stronger understanding of what kind of lifestyle a Ranger strives to uphold, and I know I will be going in much better prepared as a result.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Remember your end goal and surround yourself with like minded individuals. At the end of the day it's on you to decide your future. Don't let your potential go to waste like many of the individuals you will meet.
Keep training hard each day so when the rubber meets the road you're as prepared as you can be. You're in for a very challenging but very rewarding experience.

The ball is in your court. Good luck.

Rangers Lead The Way!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”