Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

thebigboss
Embryo

Introduction

Post by thebigboss »

What's up everyone. I'm obviously new here. Currently a civilian in college and my ultimate goal right now is to join the 75th Ranger Regiment. I can't wait to read all the threads that I've missed out on. I also wanted to ask how the discord thing works. I've heard there was a discord and it would be convenient if I joined that. Thanks.
Carpenter
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Carpenter »

Welcome to the site thebigboss, please be sure to read the FAQ.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Welcome to the site. Make sure to read the stickies and letters from school thread, they'll offer you a glimpse into what awaits if you commit to this. What's your PT look like? What are your long term goals? Any specific MOS you're looking into?

RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

I'm still working on my PT but I won't ship until I feel I'm "ready". Long term goals I'm still working on but some of my options are staying in the military to make a career or working for a government agency specifically FBI or CIA. I also want to be an 11B.
jester
Ranger

Post by jester »

Welcome to the site! A lot of great information and support here.
2/75 Cco 2-3 Outlaws 2005-2009
RGR Class 07-07
Stay alert stay alive
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

Greetings Rangers and fellow wannabe Rangers,
Ok so I wanted to restate my long term goals I know now its incredibly hard to get a job with the government especially three letter agencies so a government job is an if for me right now. My only goal right now is to become a Ranger and I'll figure the rest while I'm in.

I also just completed a PT test. I took about 10 minutes in between each event to rest. And I had a 591 mL water bottle during resting.

Height: 5'10. Weight: 136 pounds.

Push-ups: 53 (goal: 80+)

Sit ups: 44 (Didn't have anybody to hold my feet so I used dumbbells not that ideal but whatever) goal: 80+

2 mile run: 15:59 (disgusting right) goal: 12:30

Pull ups: 12

These scores will be my goal number by the time I ship without a doubt.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

thebigboss,

Highly recommend you check out the fitness improvement threads on the site. Have you picked up an Option 40 yet? Why do you want to be a Ranger? Keep us updated.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

Ranger BlueLiner,

I will for sure check out those threads. I have not picked up an option 40 yet but will do when my scores meet my goal numbers and when I feel I’m “ready” to finally pick up a contract to go to RASP. I first got into wanting to do jobs that were bigger than myself and challenging about two years ago. And after tirelessly researching and thinking what I wanted to do in life, I wanted to go into combat. I was one of those stereotypical kids that think the hollywood stuff that portrays the military is what you actually do all the time. So I wanted to initially do some kind of SWAT/domestic law enforcement work, but after some time I wanted to serve in the military instead. So I “researched” and got a basic understanding of what all the different SOF branches do and initially wanted to become a Green Beret. But I was a fool and didn’t really know what their purpose was and still didn’t really know which branch to join. But once I started learning more about the Rangers, I grew attached to everything they did. Being the most lethal infantry force on the planet, that attracted to me. I also like that the Ranger Battalions are structured like an infantry force but they’re capability is like the infantry on steroids and then some. I also like the fact you can become a Ranger after two months of RASP compared to other SOF selections that take longer. Thats just my preference. If the 75th Ranger Regiment never existed I would have focused on becoming a Force Recon Marine because of the way the unit is structured also. But I’m not a strong swimmer and the mission set of the Rangers attracts me the most. And since now after learning more about Rangers I can’t see myself doing anything else. If I were to die only having my faith and becoming a Ranger I would call it a good death.
Thats just what I can write up off the top of my head. I can’t describe everything but my mind just says you have to become a Ranger.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Give us another PT test in one month to see how your scores are, and let us know when you sign your Option 40 and what MOS you chose. Until then, start reading, and don't quit until you get what you want.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

Yes sir Ranger BlueLiner.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

I'm not a sir, do pushups.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

Yes Ranger BlueLiner, just busted 50 push ups in the middle of the library.
thebigboss
Embryo

Post by thebigboss »

Quick PT update:

push ups: 50 (I've been lacking on the push ups)

sit ups: 50

2 mile run: 15:45

pull ups: 14

I'm about to start a lp workout program and I'll supplement with push pull and sit ups
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

SAbadshah wrote: December 1st, 2022, 5:45 am Let us know when you sign your Option 40 and which MOS you selected, as well as the results of your next PT test in a month. Until then, get reading and don't stop until you achieve your goals.
Who are you? Haven't seen you around the forum before.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”